Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing after people

Default Fishing after people

Several years ago there was a series entitled “The World After People” which extrapolated how nature would gradually reclaim the earth in mankind’s absence.

For years thoughtful fishermen have fantasized about the quality of future fishing if the sports fish were given a year to recuperate without any fishing pressure.

In a world where every cloud has a darker lining, the thought that a year of successful spawns without human interaction and harvesting might portend “Lake Barrett-like” productivity and fish populations is at least a glimmer of light.... Tight lines!

Take a trip to Canada and see what its like. Basically like Barrett was on the initial opening day back in May of 1995. Canada is very inexpensive and the amount of species one has to chase is crazy. I go every year and it never ceases to amaze me.

i have mixed feelings about pressure.. pressure alone.. i don't think drives fish to be harder to catch.. at Castaic for example.. there is two main species everyone try to catch... largemouth and stripers... it has lots of pressure for both fish.. but only one is very hard to catch. the difference between the two at least what i can observe.. is one species is more popular to catch and release.. the other is taken home by most people..
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 04-03-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Go to Crowley in June if you figure it out it is hammer time love it then.

Meh

Barrett was overrun with dinks bouncong off My lunker punker so fast they didn’t even stick around long enough for the weighty hook to swing into their path.

..Now those Nuclear lake Perris fish...
    THAT is a real fishery.