Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: I Just Heard...

Default I Just Heard...

I just heard from a buddy in the bass club that Castaic is still open. That really surprised, me as all of the lakes in my area, DVL, Perris, Skinner, etc are all closed!

Castaic is run by LA Co Parks. They haven't closed their lakes (Puddingstone, Santa Fe Dam, Castaic, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
    Castaic is run by LA Co Parks. They haven't closed their lakes (Puddingstone, Santa Fe Dam, Castaic, etc)
    im surprise they haven't shutdown puddingstone, i drove in the other day to check it out and geez it was pack

What's it going to take to convince those idiots that this is the real deal. Maybe you could go to Disneyland after fishing.
    I'm as bored as everyone else, but I'm doing my part to put an end to this problem by staying home.

fishing is social distancing. bottom line cant argue that fact..

At the California Fish and Wildlife meeting this week, they were given the authority to delay, restrict, or suspend fishing where needed. Get in your fishing now before they start enforcing it!

Quote Originally Posted by jonshibata1 View Post
    At the California Fish and Wildlife meeting this week, they were given the authority to delay, restrict, or suspend fishing where needed. Get in your fishing now before they start enforcing it!
    I followed this pretty good on other fishing websites. Now that they have the authority what is the likely outcome? Governor Newsome (Yes I know 3/4 of you people hate his guts) Did a PR bit last week to calm everybody's nerves down! He is an angler himself and said he is not going to shut down fishing state wide like the state of Washington did. But he did say on a case by case basis, certain season might be delayed for a few weeks. (most notably the trout season in the Sierras) This was to stop the potential of Mass Social gatherings at a still dangerous time! That's what he said, "so let's see what happens!"

i don't want anyone to get tickets from my advice but this is what ive heard and i don't know if you guys have or not.. so ill just put it out there. so basically they don't want people to gather in huge crowds so what they did was just close everything down.. though its a soft close.. its mainly meant to keep people from traveling far distances all to gather in certain areas.. so if you live by a lake that is closed the parking is closed ect.. just go park somewhere near it legally and hike in.. you will be fine.. they want locals to use their local trails, lakes to fish ect.. they don't want people coming in from 100 miles away all clogging areas.. and from what ive heard yes beaches are closed but they aren't ticketing and arresting people fishing or even being at the beaches.. they just want you to keep distance from strangers but you can be in small groups with your family or a couple friends just not in huge groups ect.. this is what ive heard.. and even then they are just asking the bigger groups to disband not ticketing or arresting..