Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Can We Still Fish in Hawaii?

Default Can We Still Fish in Hawaii?

In These Crazy Times Yes We Can Fish- Just got to Follow The Rules!

I've been asked many times during this Pandemic if we can fish in Hawaii? So i emailed DLNR to get the final say in this crazy situation. Also looked at the Governor's Proclamation on what's the State of Hawaii is allowing. I did add some info that my military contacts have provided as well.

As of right now yes, we can fish. Provided that we follow the new regulations put into place. Remember that local law officials may still have the final say so just be cool & do whatever they instruct you to do. Please be safe out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhaC9zbu--U
    Last edited by Scuba Chris; 03-28-2020 at 11:29 PM.

So many new rules so confusing,at least your trying to provide some direction out there,hope everything goes well with you and yours Chris,take and tight lines Bruddah!

Cya Tuna Vic

Things are crazy here. My friend told me his mom's friend was walking to check on her 81yr old sister. She was ticketed by a cop for 5G because she wasn't going out for food. My friend Kyle was walking his dog in a mini park across his house & got ticketed for 5G. People fishing for sustenance off a hwy had all their cars ticketed for illegal parking when there was no sign saying this. Under the Governor's Proclamation you can hunt/gather to help support your family. You can go out to exercise. But it seems you're at the mercy of police officers who may or may not fully understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Chris View Post
    Things are crazy here. My friend told me his mom's friend was walking to check on her 81yr old sister. She was ticketed by a cop for 5G because she wasn't going out for food. My friend Kyle was walking his dog in a mini park across his house & got ticketed for 5G. People fishing for sustenance off a hwy had all their cars ticketed for illegal parking when there was no sign saying this. Under the Governor's Proclamation you can hunt/gather to help support your family. You can go out to exercise. But it seems you're at the mercy of police officers who may or may not fully understand.
    Ticketed for checking on the health of her 81 year old sister?
    And you say 5 grand?
    I would tell that ticketing authority where to stick that ticket!!!!
    And I promise there is no sunshine in that exact location!

Quote Originally Posted by bassmeister View Post
    Ticketed for checking on the health of her 81 year old sister?
    And you say 5 grand?
    I would tell that ticketing authority where to stick that ticket!!!!
    And I promise there is no sunshine in that exact location!
    A white male living in Southern CA takes so many things for granted! Imagine under the same circumstances, a Black man living in an Red State, told a white cop, to stick that ticket where the light don't shine! I wouldn't want to be him under those circumstances! Lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-29-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    A white male living in Southern CA takes so many things for granted! Imagine under the same circumstances, a Black man living in an Red State, told a white cop, to stick that ticket where the light don't shine! I wouldn't want to be him under those circumstances! Lol
    Now it's a racial thing! I could care less the color of the official trying to write so said ticket in regards to me or any other human who is only checking on the health and welfare of an elderly family member.
    And to say it's not an essential like buying food is absurd. How is that taking anything for granted?

Technically the officer was following the letter of the law because she wasn't out going for food or exercising. If she caught the virus because of that she could infect others who's job is to help her. My friend was walking his dog in a closed park w/a posted sign not to trespass or you will be fined 5G. If you watched my vid it shows that in print & has a pic of that sign. Like i said crazy times. I think it's going over-board honestly but i'm trying to inform others as to what's happening.

Food or exercise is ok, but checking on an elderly members health/situation in such a critical time? Sorry, I wouldn't except that for a second.
    Being in a signed stay out area just to be there is a different situation.