Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: What A DAY!

Default What A DAY!

Well my Cousin Vu and I decided to go fishing today, we started off at about 07:00. We parked down the street from the entrance and then began our difficult journey up the hill, me walking and Vu riding, we started at his favorite (New now that neither of can take our boats on the lake) honey hole, we fished there about 1 hour with no bites, there were 3 other brave souls there as well, whom none were seeing any action. We proceeded south of the east end and on my second or third cast I nailed one. It fought hard and wrapped me in the brush, I pulled and Pulled and then I finally got frustrated and opened the bail, let it swim out of the cover and then once again I was ON. Finally drug the fish through all the obstacles and landed it. Off we went in search of new territory we continued south, Once again after a very long time I get bit and it spit the hook, another long dry spell and I get bit for the 3rd time, this little sucker ( and I do mean little as it measured in at around 10 inches) wrapped me up again (We were fishing heavy cover), I pulled on my rod to no avail, I opened the bail and the fish would not / could not swim out of the cover, so I grabbed my line and pulled it to break it off and to my wounder and surprise I pulled the fish and the shrub out and then just reeled them both in. Again I cast and retrieve, cast and retrieve and just repeat the whole process over and over again my legs are screaming sore and my butt hurts from the bike ride. I finally ended the day with 3 landed 2 spit hooks (After screaming drags), and 2 short bites that I could feel. All in all I walked / rode for about 8 miles today. That is hands down the most exercise that I have gotten in the past 3 + years!
    Hoping that I have the courage to attempt it again next week.
    Ps. There is supposed to be a meeting with the DFG, they are to discuss the northern territories about trout and hatcheries, so any body that is getting stir crazy and is itching to fish... Parris is still ready to give you a run for your money.
    Hope that there is still someone to read my post!

Thanks for the report.

Did you see any lake patrol personnel?

Yes we seen several and they were polite . The restrooms were open, clean and stocked. Wish I could tell you all the water temperature and dept that I got the bites but my electronics were stuck on the concrete beach AKA the driveway.
    I am considering going back next week but with 800 Mg of motrin on board... LOL. I am still in pain today, it hurts to sit down..

What am I missing here? I thought Perris was closed to fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    What am I missing here? I thought Perris was closed to fishing.
    The lake is closed to vehicle traffic. Meaning the entrance gates are closed. You can’t drive into the park, also means no boating. I’ve biked in a few times since the closure as well. Had a few bites but I’m amazed at how many times I HAVEN’T been able to shake free several snags. Gotta pick and choose which rods and baits to bring in as well. Gotten spoiled on the boat over the years. The biking in then out definitely makes for a long day.

Thanks for clearing that up.