Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Perris 3/25/20

Default Lake Perris 3/25/20

After seeing an owl nest yesterday, my dad, being an avid photographer, had to head back out today. We started on the south side today, right behind the island where the line of trees were and immediately ran into some fish. My dad caught a beautiful crappie in 15 ft of water on the outer row of trees before we decided to head into 5 ft of water where we were able to catch 13 bass today. (2 decent ones and the rest were dinks) We tried fishing the submerged trees again at around 11, but by then the bite shut down and we only managed to scrap out a single bass. We did see a guy catch a four pounder on a weightless senko in 8 ft of water and everyone seemed to be doing pretty well today. Again, all fish were caught on weightless 5 inch senkos, watermelon/black flake rigged wacky style with 6lb flouro. Water temp was 58-60 and water visibility was definitely a bit stained as constant wind pushing south/east had caused some of debris to accumulate in those areas. Also, the water had definitely risen at least a couple feet from yesterday as some of the structure we fished yesterday were submerged today. We did see a couple beds with fish on them but didn't get any of them to commit. Carp were numerous and jumping all over the place. Also, it seemed that some bass were chasing baitfish within some of the submerged bushes later in the day? Anyone know anything about that or how to target those bass? Overall, it was a pretty good day and with the weather stabilizing and the water temp rising, I hope that we can start bed fishing very soon. Tight lines y'all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1696.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	52562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1697.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	52561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1276.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	52559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1292.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	52560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2341.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	52558  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2374.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	52557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1704.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	52556  

Quote Originally Posted by Striper15 View Post
    After seeing an owl nest yesterday, my dad, being an avid photographer, had to head back out today. We started on the south side today, right behind the island where the line of trees were and immediately ran into some fish. My dad caught a beautiful crappie in 15 ft of water on the outer row of trees before we decided to head into 5 ft of water where we were able to catch 13 bass today. (2 decent ones and the rest were dinks) We tried fishing the submerged trees again at around 11, but by then the bite shut down and we only managed to scrap out a single bass. We did see a guy catch a four pounder on a weightless senko in 8 ft of water and everyone seemed to be doing pretty well today. Again, all fish were caught on weightless 5 inch senkos, watermelon/black flake rigged wacky style with 6lb flouro. Water temp was 58-60 and water visibility was definitely a bit stained as constant wind pushing south/east had caused some of debris to accumulate in those areas. Also, the water had definitely risen at least a couple feet from yesterday as some of the structure we fished yesterday were submerged today. We did see a couple beds with fish on them but didn't get any of them to commit. Carp were numerous and jumping all over the place. Also, it seemed that some bass were chasing baitfish within some of the submerged bushes later in the day? Anyone know anything about that or how to target those bass? Overall, it was a pretty good day and with the weather stabilizing and the water temp rising, I hope that we can start bed fishing very soon. Tight lines y'all!
    Freaking awesome report!!! Thank you. Awesome pictures

Great report man and awesome to see nature do it’s thing out there.

Striper, thanks for adding the carp info. I know not a lot of people bowfish but whenever you bass guys can add a blurb about activity it’s a big help. Keep the great reports coming.