Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: What Type of Fishing Rod Should i Get?

Default What Type of Fishing Rod Should i Get?

What is the Difference Between a Fishing Rod & a Fishing Pole?

I'll be covering the nomenclature of a fishing rod vs a fishing pole. S or C classification? Also what is considered a fishing rod? Or a pole? Also what is the spine/spline of your rod and what is high sticking?

We're all going through some crazy times right now with this Corona Virus Pandemic. Time to stay home and catch-up on projects. One of my most common questions that i receive from the beginning angler is what type of fishing rod is best for me? To properly answer that question i first need to know what type of reel you're planning on using.

To properly match-up what type of gear to get you need to understand the applications of your gear. Fishing from a boat to shoreline changes everything. Understanding rod & reel ratings to types of line is not easily learned. Trial & error will be your teacher. Watch what others do & use. Research your targeted species. Will it be fresh or salt water, or both? By the time you understand everything it will be because you put the time into fishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZUGsj-uH9g
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	52555  

Hey Chris hows it? Just wondering how things are going over there with all this craziness?
    Hope all is well with you and your family! Take care Brah!

Cya Tuna Vic

I'm going to post a vid tomorrow explaining the fishing restrictions in Hawaii. It is crazy here!