Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Perris 3/24/20

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lake Perris 3/24/20

Due to the whole need for "social distancing" I decided, what better way to distance myself from others than to go fishing? We launched the boat at around 7:10 (Perris opens at 7 instead of 6 now) for the first fishing trip of the year. We started off in 20-30 ft of water but saw nothing on our electronics. We then headed over to the south/east side, starting just south of the island and letting the wind push us east and were finally able to get into some bass. Three were caught in three ft of water or less on the south shoreline, while we managed to catch another three among the submerged trees on the eastern side of the lake. Shoutout to Durdy Dawg, who we saw today, glad you were able to catch a number as everyone else we talked to only managed to scrap out one bass or were skunked. All fish were caught on Watermelon/black flake weightless senkos rigged wacky style. The water was a tad murky due to the lake raising the water level and there was a good amount of debris especially on the south/eastern side of the lake. Hope this report helps. Tight lines out there!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1690.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	52551

Name:	IMG_1687.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	52552

Name:	IMG_1686.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	52553

Name:	IMG_1685.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	52554
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1691.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	52550  

Good report and pics!!!

What was water temp?

CM

It ranged from 58 to 60 degrees today.

Striper, just curious if you saw any quantities of carp while you were out? Getting ready to break out the bows soon.

thanks for the report and I am glad you got bit.

Thanks for the plug... Went yesterday after a grulling 4 hours of front line work. Also fished the east end yesterday and landed 5 with 2 losses! was hoping to fish today but the wifes van would not start this morning so had to quickly unhitch the boat trailer and remove her battery to get to work at 05:30.

yes carp are getting air born but water too murky to get a visual on them.

Thanks for the report! Tight lines

Thanks Durdy, the carp should be shallow soon. Keep nailing the bass I’ll do my best to keep the carp at bay

Awesome. Teach me to fish carp on Rod and Reel. Great Fight and good way to straighten out my line...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast