Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snake !

Default Snake !

Hey Guys ,pudd's been Kickin Em Out.
    Got a Question.. Right at dark the other nite a family rt near Me on the East shore started to surround a Small Snake that surprized Them. I went over to check it,thinkn ,Gopher,Gardener,small Rattler.
    This is a Snake I have never seen before.
    Get this..Lil over a Foot long, diameter of a pencil
    Jet Black with a Red stripe right behind it's Head !
    WTF was it? Really wish I would have caught it.
    Any Ideas? Hope All are Well ! Cheers

Weird things live in our parks! Just last week in a park in Orange County, I witnessed a scorpion run right out in front of me! (I had no idea we had them here!)

possible someone pet snake that got loose or something, i remember couple years back they found a python at fairmont park

Could of been a red racer,,

Cm

Yup Red Racer those sucker are fast. Kool you saw one.

Silverwood had a little gardener snake try to hitch a ride on my boat flicked it off and he swam away made it to the other side with out anything eating him. Was fishing in outhouse cove was kool to see it make it to the other side. Not the first time had a snake try to hop in my boat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snake.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	52650

Riverdale.. It was a Ring-necked Snake. Cool little snakes that like to be near water. When they are threatened, the turn their tail end over and curl it into into a corkscrew, showing a bright orange/red belly to scare away predators, and no doubt people too!

Could of?

Red Racer?? Riverdale said it was it was little over a foot long, diameter of a pencil,
    black with a red stripe right behind it's head. Perfect description of a Ring-necked Snake. How could anyone would say it was a Red Racer? Big difference.

Yes I agree with Fishmounter It was a ring necked snake 100% by your description . They do like to be around water and fields , cool you saw one in the open , usually they are hidden away and a nocturnal species

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast