Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Boat launch allowed?

Default Boat launch allowed?

Anybody put a boat on the lake today? I know the camp grounds are closed but can you still launch at the ramp?

Just got off the phone with Parris Lake. They are open for hiking, biking, horse riding, shore fishing, AND...
    Yes BOAT LAUNCH! 06:00 - 20:00! They said that in the event that they had to close they would immediately update their web page as well as Face Book, and most importantly for me (As I do not do Social Media, with the exception of FNN) they said that as long as you are hearing the recording stating they are open, then they are OPEN!

Their Number is ***951-940-5600***... That is the Number for Parris
    Silverwood front gate ***760-389-2303*** (Just called and they said yes boats are currently allowed to Launch)

Fish on my fellow anglers and fight the depression that lurks within all of us... With the good weather on tap for this upcoming week I an hoping for the lake to simply take off!!! Silverwood is usually 1 to 2 weeks behind Parris to my understanding...

Hey Daug, went out to silverwood today only caught two at the buoy line then the wind came in tried other spots but the wind was tough. Did not see much caught at the line when I was there but maybe others did better but we will never know cause they don't post anything on here only read for info.
    Hope you did better at perris if you went.

Yup We are the few that post. I think that for many, they do not get the opportunity to fish so they just read the posts. That is the main reason that I post so prolifically. Went to parris today, from 06:00 to 17:00 the water temp went from 57 to 63! Was a very slow day, pounded it out for 11 hours with only 2 solid bites. 1 landed and the other broke me off. Juan had several bites and landed 1. Everyone I talked to had 3 and 4 fish days, so I am grateful that I didn't end up with the dreaded goose egg. Keep posting I like to read posts as well. I was thinking hard and long about going out tomorrow but the weather forecast is looking just miserable. Gonna save the fuel for next week. Keep me posted by way of PM on the conditions out there. Juan wants to hit the strips, and I want to be at Parris when the bite takes off. Where ever the bite is best is where we will end up going. I would like to store up 20 or 30 strips for smoking. My smoked fish is hands down better than you can get at fisherman's landing in Point Loma San Diego. Of coarse you wont know till you try it, so if you want to contribute some fish I will smoke like 30 or 40 at a time. The fish swim in a marinade of 3 days in my commercial fridge and then go into a smokey SAUNA for 3 to 4 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    I would like to store up 20 or 30 strips for smoking. My smoked fish is hands down better than you can get at fisherman's landing in Point Loma San Diego. Of coarse you wont know till you try it, so if you want to contribute some fish I will smoke like 30 or 40 at a time. The fish swim in a marinade of 3 days in my commercial fridge and then go into a smokey SAUNA for 3 to 4 hours!
    Sounds good how do you smoke them skin on or just the fillets no skin. I need to restock on the stripers you make me hunger and I just ate!

I smoke them skin on... PS if you want me to smoke yours let me know!