Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Is the cold front win?

Default Is the cold front going to win?

Over all it was a decent day. Got to the lake at 06:06 and launched soon after. Fished the sheriffs dock for a couple of hours to start the day. Juan got the first hook up which he landed, I was skunked for a very long time until I finally got one to the boat, my cousin Vu showed up and joined me with the shunk, the bites were definitely few and far between. We left for the east end and spent another 2 grueling hours there. I got bit on the drop shot in about 3 feet of water but could not set the hook due to my not putting the hook deep enough into the tip of the MM III worm, Juan and I got tired of the snags with nothing to show for them and returned to the sheriff dock and settled down for another slow time. Vu suddenly shows up grinning from ear to ear and reports that 2 hours after we left he finally caught his very first Parris LMB. Juan and I stayed giving it the college try until 16:45, then we left... The final count was 4 to 3. Juan won... As for the missed fish I do not really know but other than the one and only that I lost at the east end, I only lost 2 other solid bites and a couple short bites. Juan lost several. Water temp as I recall was 57 at the launch ramp and 59 at the east end. Don't hold me to the water temps because I don't recall with 100% certainty.

News from a trusted source: The governor is expected to announce later this week that all non - essential business' are going to be shut down. What does this mean? We don't yet know, but we do know that hospitals gas stations and grocery stares are essential. I talked to the ranger doing the tags at the end of the day and she told me that they had a conference call on Friday and were told that all state parks...

Were to stay open. Do you think that the governor is a fisherman and realizes that this is therapy for millions?

Well the spring bites looks to be postponed for at least the next 2 weeks, Rain - COLD Rain is forecast for at least the next 10 days. How long after this cold front will the span be? Who knows...
    Last edited by Durdy Daug; 03-16-2020 at 12:00 PM. Reason: wrong key hit

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Over all it was a decent day. Got to the lake at 06:06 and launched soon after. Fished the sheriffs dock for a couple of hours to start the day. Juan got the first hook up which he landed, I was skunked for a very long time until I finally got one to the boat, my cousin Vu showed up and joined me with the shunk, the bites were definitely few and far between. We left for the east end and spent another 2 grueling hours there. I got bit on the drop shot in about 3 feet of water but could not set the hook due to my not putting the hook deep enough into the tip of the MM III worm, Juan and I got tired of the snags with nothing to show for them and returned to the sheriff dock and settled down for another slow time. Vu suddenly shows up grinning from ear to ear and reports that 2 hours after we left he finally caught his very first Parris LMB. Juan and I stayed giving it the college try until 16:45, then we left... The final count was 4 to 3. Juan won... As for the missed fish I do not really know but other than the one and only that I lost at the east end, I only lost 2 other solid bites and a couple short bites. Juan lost several. Water temp as I recall was 57 at the launch ramp and 59 at the east end. Don't hold me to the water temps because I don't recall with 100% certainty.

News from a trusted source: The governor is expected to announce later this week that all non - essential business' are going to be shut down. What does this mean? We don't yet know, but we do know that hospitals gas stations and grocery stares are essential. I talked to the ranger doing the tags at the end of the day and she told me that they had a conference call on Friday and were told that all state parks...

Were to stay open. Do you think that the governor is a fisherman and realizes that this is therapy for millions?

Well the spring bites looks to be postponed for at least the next 2 weeks, Rain - COLD Rain is forecast for at least the next 10 days. How long after this cold front will the span be? Who knows...
    Where is this sheriffs dock you speak of?

Durdy Dag.. Don't let the cool weather fool you. Some of my best bass fishing came during very cold weather and when it was raining. A friend of mind has had several very good days recently there at Perris with quantity and quality sized bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnguyen5992 View Post
    Where is this sheriffs dock you speak of?
    Pretty sure it is launch ramp 3, they moved the government boats and docks from near the point to there when the water was brought down.

Great report and intel on the state parks. You gave it helluva effort and did a lot better then I would have done......

We ended the day with 9. I had 6 and Mark II 3. Caught from one end of the lake to the other. Even got one on a crankbait. Mark's 3 1/2 was the biggest. I lost one at the boat that I'd estimate to be 5+. Didn't see a lot on beds. Should be soon.