Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Havasu last weekend

Default Havasu last weekend

I went to Lake Havasu last weekend. My brother and I fished Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday morning. We for the most part caught smallmouth and a few largemouth. The fishing was primarily pretty slow. On one stretch of a little flat near deeper water we caught three nice size smallmouth bass and a smaller version that was an easy release when it spit the hook. The majority of our fish were caught on drop shot and small swim baits. A few others were caught on senkos. Our largest fish was around four pounds. I doubt the fishing is much fun with the weather this week, but should be pretty good in two to three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by lostfish View Post
    I went to Lake Havasu last weekend. My brother and I fished Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday morning. We for the most part caught smallmouth and a few largemouth. The fishing was primarily pretty slow. On one stretch of a little flat near deeper water we caught three nice size smallmouth bass and a smaller version that was an easy release when it spit the hook. The majority of our fish were caught on drop shot and small swim baits. A few others were caught on senkos. Our largest fish was around four pounds. I doubt the fishing is much fun with the weather this week, but should be pretty good in two to three weeks.
    The bite is gonna get better real soon! Get the spinnerbaits ready. And the TRD ready. Great job out there. Send pics next time.

Nice report. This weather front moving through should stir things up.

Thanks for the update I do the striper deal there but glad somebody posting about Havasu keep them coming I hope to be there in a couple weeks if I go will update.

Called the motel we stay at they are still open just no coffee or food in the lobby but can still stay there. Might try a trip there in the next week the Eagles is closed up we are members there and usually eat and drink there after fishing all day.

To crazy do not think I'm going anywhere till this crap all slows down got to play by the rules now be safe everybody.