Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Continuing support for Trump is now pathological and not political....

They protested because their left wing nut job of a governor decided that there were certain things that they couldn't buy, ordering certain aisles in stores that were deemed unessential to be closed, no shopping at home improvement stores but perfectly okay to mingle in the meat and dairy section. Makes a lotta sense right? Give an inch and they'll try to take a foot. LOL
    HEY, but they're wearing masks!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Shouldn't you be out protesting with your buds?

And anybody know what this zombie movie is called? Looks like I need to add it to my Netflix queue:

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Yup the whole country was shut down during the spanish flu... NOT, total shutdown unprecedented in the history of the country.
    Actually, you're wrong. It was and it's not.

You want to see politics, how about putting a bunch of pork spending in a stimulus bill, carving hundreds of million for illegal immigrants. The Irony that you don't get in the Trump Cali statement is that a good amount of that stimulus is coming into this welfare state to help out liberals like you and here you nut jobs were saying that the red states were welfare states?
    The stimulus package is not welfare (at least not in its traditional sense in this country). And as this article demonstrates, there is quite a bit of pork from both Republicans and Democrats alike.

Yeah, Yeah California puts into the tax system way more than it gets back from the feds because you read it on some left wing propaganda news would that be YOU with the big 6 figure salary paying taxes or is that all the corporations and businesses in California paying taxes to make that claim?
    I made no such comment or complaint. It was YOU who said that a "big chunk" was coming to California; I merely pointed out that it would stand to reason since we are the most populous state. Truth be told, the disbursement amounts to individuals are scaled in a fair and equitable manner, not just in California but across the country. Unfortunately, Congress & the administration underestimated the demands on the SBA, and we can only hope that it is resolved soon.

Such a great state with more educated people yet homelessness rampant and people crying to get back to work after a 6 week furlough because they won't be able to survive???
    This pandemic does not differentiate between the educated and non-educated, the sheltered and the homeless, or the employed and unemployed. Not a single state, nor half of U.S. territories, has been spared.

By the way anybody look to testing all the homeless living in SF and LA? I think they're key to the cure. They're living on top of each other and we haven't seen bodies by the hundred being carted to the morgues. Makes you wonder about this PLANDEMIC
    Ah, the conspiracy theories embraced by the right-wing inept. How refreshing.

Yes when all else fails make a bunch of statements like, you're wrong, yes and no and oh you're a conspiracy theorist...pfft. Thousands of homeless living in tents on top of each other violating every social distancing possible and yet where's the stampede being rushed to the emergency rooms??? Oh yeah I think I have the answer... because they're homeless they probably spend a lot of time outdoors and this could be it! The homeless are actually less prone to it because of .... sunshine... who needs a stinking vaccine. So come out of the closet, take off that full face mask and go outside for some good ol sunshine...LOL

https://news.yahoo.com/sunlight-dest...200745675.html

Quote Originally Posted by Panshot View Post
    Actually, you're wrong. It was and it's not.

The stimulus package is not welfare (at least not in its traditional sense in this country). And as this article demonstrates, there is quite a bit of pork from both Republicans and Democrats alike.

I made no such comment or complaint. It was YOU who said that a "big chunk" was coming to California; I merely pointed out that it would stand to reason since we are the most populous state. Truth be told, the disbursement amounts to individuals are scaled in a fair and equitable manner, not just in California but across the country. Unfortunately, Congress & the administration underestimated the demands on the SBA, and we can only hope that it is resolved soon.

This pandemic does not differentiate between the educated and non-educated, the sheltered and the homeless, or the employed and unemployed. Not a single state, nor half of U.S. territories, has been spared.

Ah, the conspiracy theories embraced by the right-wing inept. How refreshing.

Yes when all else fails make a bunch of statements like, you're wrong, yes and no and oh you're a conspiracy theorist...pfft. Thousands of homeless living in tents on top of each other violating every social distancing possible and yet where's the stampede being rushed to the emergency rooms??? Oh yeah I think I have the answer... because they're homeless they probably spend a lot of time outdoors and this could be it! The homeless are actually less prone to it because of .... sunshine... who needs a stinking vaccine. So come out of the closet, take off that full face mask and go outside for some good ol sunshine...LOL

Shock and awe it’s a pandemic !! Run for you’re life. See that LADY QUAGGA ? I spelled your correct. Or should I call you panshot now?

Welp, here's the great Left hope! Unfortunately this went so well that the propaganda media pulled it from youtube until the hill did a segment on it. Yeah this guy will be really tough in dealing with Xi and Vlad and Kim. They're shaking in their boots! First 30 seconds is all you need to see. This man needs a rest home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTxqnvsSYSI
    Last edited by steelhead; 04-17-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Yes when all else fails make a bunch of statements like, you're wrong, yes and no
    That's because you were wrong. On both counts. The United States did engage in non-pharmaceutical public health interventions during the Spanish Flu pandemic. Thus, your claims of current actions being unprecedented is also incorrect.

Thousands of homeless living in tents on top of each other violating every social distancing possible and yet where's the stampede being rushed to the emergency rooms??? Oh yeah I think I have the answer... because they're homeless they probably spend a lot of time outdoors and this could be it!
    You're wrong again. From the LAT:

[L]ast week, a homeless man tested positive while staying at a shelter in the San Fernando Valley and 68 homeless people and two staffers were infected in an outbreak at a shelter in San Francisco.

Authorities said Monday that 23 homeless people in L.A. County, including four staying in shelters, had tested positive for the virus.

But encampments are largely isolated from the broader community — a fact that may have afforded homeless people a measure of protection as the pandemic grew in March, said Dr. Joshua Bamberger, an expert on homelessness and a professor at UC San Francisco.
    The homeless are actually less prone to it because of .... sunshine... who needs a stinking vaccine. So come out of the closet, take off that full face mask and go outside for some good ol sunshine...LOL

Wrong again. As the article you yourself referred to points out:

The study found that the risk of “transmission from surfaces outdoors is lower during daylight” and under higher temperature and humidity conditions. “Sunlight destroys the virus quickly,” reads the briefing.

While that may provide some good news about the outlook for outdoor activities, the Department of Homeland Security briefing on the results cautions that enclosed areas with low humidity, such as airplane cabins, “may require additional care to minimize risk of transmission.”

“The department is dedicated to the fight against COVID-19, and the health and safety of the American people is its top priority. As policy, the department does not comment on allegedly leaked documents,” the DHS said in a statement. “It would be irresponsible to speculate, draw conclusions, or to inadvertently try to influence the public based upon a document that has not yet been peer-reviewed or subjected to the rigorous scientific validation approach.”

LOL, like I said nitpicks a technicality. Unprecedented total shut down of the country, was there a federal mandate to shelter in place? Nah didn't think so, were you alive at the time and can attest? Nope. Raitee, the article proves me wrong.... because a whole lotta homeless people are going to be flying first class in confined aircraft cabins right? Good one.

That's because you were wrong. On both counts. The United States did engage in non-pharmaceutical public health interventions during the Spanish Flu pandemic. Thus, your claims of current actions being unprecedented is also incorrect.

You're wrong again. From the LAT:

Wrong again. As the article you yourself referred to points out:

I'll give you a compliment Steelhead. I've been roughing up some Republicans on other websites because of the articles they post! They quote as their sources some of the most fringe Right wings news publications of all times. When you post yahoo.com as your source. I'll give it to you, it is real news! I read those articles everyday and yes some are Left leaning and others are Right leaning. But it's not total garbage like Breitbart is! Ole Hawgy and Deve quoted Breitbart all the time! If I knew what I know now back then, I wouldn't have been so polite! Lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-18-2020 at 01:51 PM.

LOL, like I said nitpicks a technicality.
    You didn't post "technicalities". You posted outright falsehoods.

Unprecedented total shut down of the country, was there a federal mandate to shelter in place?
    You were wrong the first time you said it, and you're still wrong now. This is not an unprecedented event. The Spanish Flu pandemic, which came in three waves, resulted in cities across the nation (including every major metropolitan area) imposing Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions:

NPIs implemented in 1918 resemble many of the policies used to reduce the spread of COVID-19, including school, theater, and church closures, public gathering and funeral bans, quarantine of suspected cases, and restricted business hours.
    These NPIs were maintained by local and state governments, at the direction of the federal government, inluding administration officials like Surgeon General Rupert Blue and Secretary of the Treasury William McAdoo.

were you alive at the time and can attest?
    The information I have provided is well documented and researched, and is not at question.

because a whole lotta homeless people are going to be flying first class in confined aircraft cabins right?
    It was already explained that homeless in fact have contracted COVID-19; their susceptibility has been mitigated by their isolation from the population at large. Not because of "exposure to sunshine".

That SARS-CoV-2 strain doesn't do well when exposed to sunlight is hardly groundbreaking news; most viruses do not survive long when outside of a living host. But this research does not minimize the risk of exposure in confined spaces (i.e. stores, restaurants, venues, enclosed areas, etc.) nor does it negate the need to maintain social distancing protocols or avoid unnecessary human-to-human contact, be it indoors or outdoors.

You're right I didn't post technicalities but you're basing your argument on a technicality. The country has never had a total shutdown shelter in place until now and here you are trying to use your word-smithing non pharmaceutical interventions politically correct crappola again. I suppose your non pharmaceutical intervention is a shelter in place for the whole country? Good you can google and find out who the SG was back during the Spanish flu days...and for good measure the SOT was a guy by the name of William McAdoo! whoopee! A whole 23 out of how many tens of thousands and because this is so contagious how come it hasn't spread like wild amongst the population since they adhere to no social distancing?

You didn't post "technicalities". You posted outright falsehoods.

You were wrong the first time you said it, and you're still wrong now. This is not an unprecedented event. The Spanish Flu pandemic, which came in three waves, resulted in cities across the nation (including every major metropolitan area) imposing Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions:

These NPIs were maintained by local and state governments, at the direction of the federal government, inluding administration officials like Surgeon General Rupert Blue and Secretary of the Treasury William McAdoo.

The information I have provided is well documented and researched, and is not at question.

It was already explained that homeless in fact have contracted COVID-19; their susceptibility has been mitigated by their isolation from the population at large. Not because of "exposure to sunshine".

That SARS-CoV-2 strain doesn't do well when exposed to sunlight is hardly groundbreaking news; most viruses do not survive long when outside of a living host. But this research does not minimize the risk of exposure in confined spaces (i.e. stores, restaurants, venues, enclosed areas, etc.) nor does it negate the need to maintain social distancing protocols or avoid unnecessary human-to-human contact, be it indoors or outdoors.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast