Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Continuing support for Trump is now pathological and not political....

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Does not surprise me one bit you don't understand this, falls right in line with your white horse savior biden saying.... You ain't black if you don't vote for me!
    First off, that's not what Biden said. If you're going to quote him, do so accurately and put it in the proper context.

Carla Hall offered a well-considered opinion in the Los Angeles Times on the matter, and offered both praise AND criticism of Biden. An excerpt:

When the popular black radio host Charlamagne tha God told Joe Biden at the end of a spirited but friendly interview that he needed to come back on his show because “We got more questions,” Biden shot back:

“You got more questions. If you have a problem figuring out if you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

Good one, Joe.

As ridiculous as it was to say that to a black radio and TV personality who, among other things, wrote a book he calls a “self-help guide for the hood,” here’s the thing: Biden was right. He just didn’t have the right to say it.

[...]

Charlamagne was right to remind Biden on his show, “The Breakfast Club,” that Democrats take black voters for granted. That’s true. The Democratic Party has a history of assuming: Who else will black people vote for? And the Republican Party often acts as if it lost black folks from the get-go.

When Trump declared in 2016 at a political rally that black voters should choose him, asking them what did they have to lose, what had the Democratic Party done for them? I marveled, “Nice try.” But at the same time, it was preposterous. The New York Times documented a history of racial bias decades ago at rental properties owned by Trump and his father.
    But let's get back to you.

You've now claimed twice on FNN that you voted for both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. It's interesting to note that you didn't say who you voted for in 2000 and 2004. It's relevant because if what you say is true, then either your politics at one point ran left-of-center and you had a drastic shift in ideology, or you made ill-informed uneducated choices. Anyone voting for Obama knew exactly what his platform was, and if anything would have been disappointed because he wasn't liberal enough (a sentiment shared by many Democrats).

I identified as a moderate Republican from the time I was able to vote until Bush-43's second term. I did not vote for him the second time around, but I could not in good conscience vote for Kerry either. I could not reconcile the Democratic party's ideology with my own; it was the same reason I didn't vote for Obama or Hillary Clinton. Truth be told, I have not voted for a presidential candidate since 2000.

But the warning signs of 2016 were quite clear, and they have borne themselves out. And while I do not by any means agree with all of Biden's platform, the idea of four more years with this incompetent ignoramus we currently have in the White House is unacceptable. I will be stepping into the ballot box this November, and my vote for president will not be so much for Biden as it will be against Trump.

If we look back at your posting history, it is clear that you lacked the courage of your convictions prior to the Trump administration. In fact, you were all but mum during the lively political exchanges from 2004 until the last presidential election. So I ask again, why the sudden change in political & social ideology? and the corresponding vitriol that came along with it? Obama was (arguably) not a centrist, and Clinton even less so, but you purport there was something so egregious or severe that it caused you not only to change your political affiliation, but your entire socio-political way of thinking?

Puh-lease.

Which leads me to the third option. You lied about your voting track record.

"It's relevant because if what you say is true, then either your politics at one point ran left-of-center and you had a drastic shift in ideology, or you made ill-informed uneducated choices"..... This is the problem .... If this, Or that, let's play fishing network psychologist and make a bunch of assumptions because we think we're all medical experts as well. I guess you also know that politicians NEVER lie and that they do exactly as they say they're going to do and would never deceive you right? Sarcasm if you don't get it. So you knew exactly where Obama stood? Please why don't you pick out the lottery numbers for next week while you're at it. Also I only have a few hundred posts on this platform in 16 years of being a member because I don't live on here and me and Obama were still honey mooning! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    "It's relevant because if what you say is true, then either your politics at one point ran left-of-center and you had a drastic shift in ideology, or you made ill-informed uneducated choices"..... This is the problem .... If this, Or that, let's play fishing network psychologist and make a bunch of assumptions because we think we're all medical experts as well. I guess you also know that politicians NEVER lie and that they do exactly as they say they're going to do and would never deceive you right? Sarcasm if you don't get it. So you knew exactly where Obama stood? Please why don't you pick out the lottery numbers for next week while you're at it. Also I only have a few hundred posts on this platform in 16 years of being a member because I don't live on here and me and Obama were still honey mooning! Haha
    You didn't answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Yesterday’s news? Like the Coronavirus in 2 months. Wait. Maybe 1 month. Shock and awe. Are you buying toilet paper too?
    When I started this thread I was convinced Trump had already bungled the testing and tracing so badly in February that we might have hundreds of thousands of deaths. I was on another planet for a while, but I see that epidemiologist Dr. Chucky said that it would be all over by May. So now that the virus is over, where is everyone on the 4th of July?

Relaxing at home and staying safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hooker View Post
    ...but I see that epidemiologist Dr. Chucky said that it would be all over by May.
    Dr. Chucky let us down again.

Perhaps the YouTube PhD, M.D., et. al. wasn't as formidable as we thought.

But it's all a hoax. Remember that. Just a hoax to get Trump out of office.

death might be better than having to deal pinky's unabashed lies over every social issue including his flu pandemic

or at least he wish's that instead of knowing he is full of crap along with the rest of the educated global population
    we would just die and let him wait for the rapture in peace

So after initiating this thread on MARCH 9, 2020, I went into a 4 month coma and just emerged. I assume our Regressive Redneck friends have been vindicated and that the COVID-19 virus has been exposed as a hoax.

I assume that's the case because as we approach 150,000 dead on the road to 800,000 by February 2021 I don't see any apologies from those who drank the Koolade in the spring.
    Last edited by Old Hooker; 07-16-2020 at 11:10 AM.

https://www.localsyr.com/border-repo...d-19-patients/

Soooo...hospitals in Texas are forming panels to decide which severe COVID patients will be treated and which ones should just go die in the comfort of their own homes?

Well, looks like the Repubs are finally getting their death panels that they've been touting for the past decade!

ONE county with a total population of 61,000 with one hospital for the county having an issue but and here we are with the sky is falling alarmist citing this being an issue with TEXAS HOSPITALS, PANELS yabba dabba doo doo. Boy you must have some good fish stories. Well listen here there was this one time I caught a 13 lber out of DVL! Go dig up some more stories and embellish it that will scare people.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    https://www.localsyr.com/border-repo...d-19-patients/

Soooo...hospitals in Texas are forming panels to decide which severe COVID patients will be treated and which ones should just go die in the comfort of their own homes?

Well, looks like the Repubs are finally getting their death panels that they've been touting for the past decade!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast