Started off to a late start as I had to test this morning in down town San Bernardino, got on the road at 06:00. Arrived at Parris just before 07:00 and met up with my buddy Jual, went directly to the sheriffs dock and got bit in the first 20 min. Juan first (he had a swing and a miss) followed 3 minutes later with me getting bit... I made a rookie mistake... I just got a brand new shamano reel and I swung and ... Missed (my drag was on zero) Shi$! the water temp was 59.3. Left there and proceeded east to lot 11 & 12, spent about an hour there drop shoting and came up with nothing... Proceeded east to the end and met up with the Legendary "Milsapboyz". Chatted a while about "A Sad Day @ Parris", Mark told us how he has nightmares about that fateful day talking about Mark reminded me that his son saved my life about about 4 January's ago when I slipped on the ice covered launch ramp in 18 degree weather.
Anyways back to fishing... Juan and I fished there about 2 hours with several Tree pounders and no bites in 59 degree water, we went up to the island for another hour or so, then proceeded to the dam for another 2 hours for nothing (water temp 55 degrees). Went back to the sheriffs dock and started out gitting nailed to the bottom with a respectable 3 pounder, me first followed by Juan 3 minutes later, I swear it was the same fish that I had just thrown back... He laughs and says no it was just my after shave!, Well it was on from then on for about 3 hours. Juan landed a 5.7 pound lunker, and mine was at the largest was 3.7. At one point we had a double hook up! By 5:00 the bite died off and we left at 06:30 having landed 5 each and losing another 5 apiece. So you see - for me it was my best day ever at Parris!
Durdy Daug AKA Double D