Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: It was the best day ever!

Default It was the best day ever!

Started off to a late start as I had to test this morning in down town San Bernardino, got on the road at 06:00. Arrived at Parris just before 07:00 and met up with my buddy Jual, went directly to the sheriffs dock and got bit in the first 20 min. Juan first (he had a swing and a miss) followed 3 minutes later with me getting bit... I made a rookie mistake... I just got a brand new shamano reel and I swung and ... Missed (my drag was on zero) Shi$! the water temp was 59.3. Left there and proceeded east to lot 11 & 12, spent about an hour there drop shoting and came up with nothing... Proceeded east to the end and met up with the Legendary "Milsapboyz". Chatted a while about "A Sad Day @ Parris", Mark told us how he has nightmares about that fateful day talking about Mark reminded me that his son saved my life about about 4 January's ago when I slipped on the ice covered launch ramp in 18 degree weather.
    Anyways back to fishing... Juan and I fished there about 2 hours with several Tree pounders and no bites in 59 degree water, we went up to the island for another hour or so, then proceeded to the dam for another 2 hours for nothing (water temp 55 degrees). Went back to the sheriffs dock and started out gitting nailed to the bottom with a respectable 3 pounder, me first followed by Juan 3 minutes later, I swear it was the same fish that I had just thrown back... He laughs and says no it was just my after shave!, Well it was on from then on for about 3 hours. Juan landed a 5.7 pound lunker, and mine was at the largest was 3.7. At one point we had a double hook up! By 5:00 the bite died off and we left at 06:30 having landed 5 each and losing another 5 apiece. So you see - for me it was my best day ever at Parris!
    Durdy Daug AKA Double D

Way to go!!
    Thnx for the report,

Cm

Great report. Thanks.

Thanks for the detailed report and congrats on getting bit. Your persistence really
    paid off !! I really liked the Tree Pounder comment.

Great read and I am glad you guys got bit. The fish you two caught were awesome, good job. Thanks for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Started off to a late start as I had to test this morning in down town San Bernardino, got on the road at 06:00. Arrived at Parris just before 07:00 and met up with my buddy Jual, went directly to the sheriffs dock and got bit in the first 20 min. Juan first (he had a swing and a miss) followed 3 minutes later with me getting bit... I made a rookie mistake... I just got a brand new shamano reel and I swung and ... Missed (my drag was on zero) Shi$! the water temp was 59.3. Left there and proceeded east to lot 11 & 12, spent about an hour there drop shoting and came up with nothing... Proceeded east to the end and met up with the Legendary "Milsapboyz". Chatted a while about "A Sad Day @ Parris", Mark told us how he has nightmares about that fateful day talking about Mark reminded me that his son saved my life about about 4 January's ago when I slipped on the ice covered launch ramp in 18 degree weather.
    Anyways back to fishing... Juan and I fished there about 2 hours with several Tree pounders and no bites in 59 degree water, we went up to the island for another hour or so, then proceeded to the dam for another 2 hours for nothing (water temp 55 degrees). Went back to the sheriffs dock and started out gitting nailed to the bottom with a respectable 3 pounder, me first followed by Juan 3 minutes later, I swear it was the same fish that I had just thrown back... He laughs and says no it was just my after shave!, Well it was on from then on for about 3 hours. Juan landed a 5.7 pound lunker, and mine was at the largest was 3.7. At one point we had a double hook up! By 5:00 the bite died off and we left at 06:30 having landed 5 each and losing another 5 apiece. So you see - for me it was my best day ever at Parris!
    Durdy Daug AKA Double D
    It was great meeting you out there. The fishing is starting to pick up, but it's still not quite there. We picked up 9, and lost several. One I'd estimate to be 7+. Instantaneously snapped my line. Hopefully when the weather calms down, the big girls will come to play.