I'm new to this forum and will post any reports when I get on the water. Arrived at Gate at 5:45 and spoke
with a few anglers on the recent bass bite? One gentleman with a new Triton boat said to try 40 feet.
So I launched and fished the east end near dead brush 15-18 feet of water. I metered fish and gave it
the old college try. The water temp was 54 F on the surface and air temp was 52F. Fished with pear white
swim baits in 4 inch length. Managed to catch one small male bass. There were about 10 boats on the
lake when I moved to SouthEast shore. Again a few fish metered in 15-20 feet of water probably staging
for the Spawn. The water has to get above 59 degrees or warmer to get the ball rolling. Fished Bernasconi
road area with similar action. Left the lake at noon with having spent a relaxing day on the water. It was
glassy flat with no wind.I spoke with a few other boaters at the launch ramp and found the Bass bite to be
pretty slow also with a few skunks being the norm. Hope this post wasn't too wordy but any info is better
than none.