Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad Day at Perris

This HURTS bad.

I'll be fishing for this young man all year in his honor. RIP and prayers to his family.

All boaters and yakers who haven't -- please download a wind app. I use Windfinder. It really helps plan your trip(s) out.

Be safe out there brothers and sisters.

Sad. RIP fisherman of the Perris.
    I love that lake. Caught many lunkers there.
    I would be happy to hang my hat at that lake.
    many close calls in my waders back in the tules and in the kayak. Easy to miss a beat.
    sorry

Quote Originally Posted by srsnow View Post
    Yeah, his relatives reached out to my son and I on Instagram.

I'm not sure what it is about perris. Two years ago I was fishing the hole by SAIL cove watching the sheriff's boat going back and forth watch g their sonar. Eventually they found what they were looking for and sent in the divers. Soon came up the body. All these cases have the same thing g in common...no life jacket....

I agree with Rod. Since I have been fishing Perris, starting about 1985, there's been quite a few deaths there. Most were from boating or jet ski accidents during the busy, crazy summertime. I understand this individual was a regular guy at the lake. Why didn't he have on his PFD if it got windy and choppy? Kayaks are not real stable on the water anyway. I feel really bad for the family..

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    I agree with Rod. Since I have been fishing Perris, starting about 1985, there's been quite a few deaths there. Most were from boating or jet ski accidents during the busy, crazy summertime. I understand this individual was a regular guy at the lake. Why didn't he have on his PFD if it got windy and choppy? Kayaks are not real stable on the water anyway. I feel really bad for the family..
    We have spoken to some of the family members, and apparently he went on his yak because his boat was under quarantine. It was definitely windy, choppy and cold. I don't know what he was thinking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12