Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Minn kota trolling motors

Default Minn kota trolling motors

Anyone out there have any experience with the Minn Kota Ulterra i pilot link trolling motor? I am looking on updating my bass boats electronics and have read reviews on the Ulterra. The reports are about 50% good and bad. Most of the reports are 1 or 2 years old, and I am wondering if Minn Kota has addressed / Fixed the issues - mainly with the auto stow auto deploy feature. I am also wondering about the optimal batteries to use as well as the "Quick release" optional feature. I am torn between the Ulterra, the ultrex, and the Terrova. All have the option of the i pilot link, but only the ulterra has the auto stow auto deploy, the terrova has an assist deploy and stow, and the ultrex has the standard Manuel deploy stow. Sure would like to hear from anyone with first hand experience.

Ultrex with GPS feature. My friend has this on his 21' Ranger and it works great. The motor is put in the water and removed by hand. It works great in the wind most of the time. 5 Star
    Jig-Guy / Bill
    Last edited by Jig-Guy; 03-06-2020 at 10:46 PM.

Jig Guy, once again you have given me great advise. As I posted on the Parris lake site, I am now siding with the Ulterx rather than the Ulterra due to so many bad reviews on the Auto retrieve auto deploy. the Ultrex is a couple of hundred more even though the have all the same features except the auto deploy - retrieve. I can not figure out what the price increase is about without the auto feature but I figure that there must be something that makes the Ultrex more desirable than the Ulerrra.