Swan lake in Vernon British Columbia is a highly underated urban fishery. This is especially true in the winter time when you can fish for one of my favorite species to target on freshwater. The Yellow Perch. Swan Lake is absolutely loaded with perch. While the majority of biters seem to be around 6 inches, I have caught 8, 9, 10, and 11 inch perch they are not as plentiful but there are some around that are even larger than that. From my two days fishing they seem quite transient searching for prey rather than isolated on structure. They can be found anywhere around the lake over weed beds and out over the mud in 12 to 15 feet of water. Huge schools quickly form around a jigging spoon. I'm not sure if it was their current mood, but they were hammering everything. Very aggressive fish chasing the lure right up under the ice. I would say this is a perfect fishery to get a kid into fishing. There are also some big rainbow trout in the lake, although I did not catch any. People generally catch the rainbow trout ice fishing as well. Sometimes as perch bycatch, but sometimes purposefully they are targetted. Kind of surprised because I thought i may catch some over the weeds in the evening, but I didn't. Lots of ice this year and it typically freezes every year enough to allow a fishery. So what are you waiting for. Get out there while there is still some ice fish and go have a great time!