Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Last chance for romance on trout at Irvine Lake!

  1. #1

    Default Last chance for romance on trout at Irvine Lake!

    The last of the 5 trout stockings will happen in the last week of February. Having fished the previous 4 stocking let me give everyone a solid strategy to catch these trout. I think everyone knows by now what a trout rig looks like so I'll dispense with that. But what I do want to talk about is not going there like a one trick pony! I notice most people fish 1 bait all day and even though that might work part of the time. If your willing to fish 3 baits throughout the day, your catch rate should go way up! Let's break it all down to a simple formula.

    Let's start with location and the 2 best day's to fish.

    Obliviously Friday and Saturday are you 2 best day's to go if you can make it! The best location is from the boat dock to just right of the washed out launch ramp on the West shore. (getting there when they open is a must!) The first couple of hours of the day, I think Power bait close to shore is a good way to start! The best colors have been Chartreuse, Corn and Rainbow. (all dipped in Garlic) After the first couple of hours they seem to start to get tired of the Power bait!

    If they keep biting the Powerbait keep using it! But when things slow down, it's time to turn to the blown up Night crawlers dipped in Garlic. (you could even start with them if you want) That should get you a few fish for sure and then it's time to close the deal on your limit! Both of these baits are fished relatively close to the shore. Now it's time to switch gears again and go home a champion!

    Last stocking my first 2 options failed me! Where I was fishing their was no Power bait bite! They did want the Night crawlers but mine died during the night. So I was left with only option 3. (An Orange tail power mouse with a White head) Now you put on an heavier weight and you bomb cast it has far as you can! (dip it in Garlic too!) Don't start with this rig because the fish are close to the shore early in the morning! But as the sun gets higher, the fish move further out! Last stocking after my first 2 options failed me, I got 5 hook ups on the Orange power mouse bombed out there! That wasn't just a lucky thing, I got trout on the Orange power mouse bombed out there on the 2 previous stockings to boot!

    Fishing is Fishing so anything could happen and it will be a month since the last trout stocking. But if they behave (the trout) like they did in the previous 4 stockings. These tips and techniques should help any angler catch a few trout to take home. I'm taking my own advice and re arranging my schedule at work to be able to fish on Friday Feb 28 and Sat the 29. For it is the last chance for romance on trout at Irvine lake for 2020! Lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-18-2020 at 12:58 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hamberders and Covfefe
    Posts
    12,042

    Default

    I must have missed the boat, but Irvine is open now?

    And they're stocking trout? Who's doing the stocking?

    Are there bass left? Inquiring minds want to know.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I must have missed the boat, but Irvine is open now?

    And they're stocking trout? Who's doing the stocking?

    Are there bass left? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Your kidding right?

  4. #4

    Default

    Let me know when I can launch my skiff again.. Thanks for all the reports though..

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dixoncider View Post
    Let me know when I can launch my skiff again.. Thanks for all the reports though..
    Actually one of the very friendly staff there, who so far is spot on on correct information given out. Said, "Supervisor Wagner wants to bring back boating to Irvine Lake!" (Supervisor Wagner is the God Father to that place!) So let's see what happens when the 1 year lease is up in Aug 2020! If their is going to be any changes to boating being allowed in there. It will happen then! We can all keep our fingers crossed hoping for the best. In my estimation only 20% of the lake is fish able now, what must the other 80% hold! Lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-27-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •