Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Slow day at silverwood

Default Slow day at silverwood

Overall slow day at the wood. Fish with the durdy daug. He and up with 4 and I limit out. Luck was on my side this time. Tried for trout with no luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200216_175738.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	52483  

Great you guys were out there catching some fish. Thanks for the report and your picture of those great eating strippers.
    TL's
    Jig-Guy - Bill

Juan, saw you guy's out there saw you catch two then we went looking for trout was a waste of time should have stayed out there. Went back and caught one so gave it to the pontoon out there that had seven people on it they where having a good time and only caught four I know they where out there all day thanks for the report. Did the ranger clear everybody off the bouy line saw him heading out there.

Yup, he caught us again. I intentionally put the anchor with a 100 feet of rope on the boat to avoid such things but got lazy. I even tried trolling with my down rigger last week but came up empty. This coming week we are going to try Parris for the elusive LMB.
    Drifter - Are you Tanner?

Default Why take the chance

Quote Originally Posted by Juancedeno13 View Post
    Overall slow day at the wood. Fish with the durdy daug. He and up with 4 and I limit out. Luck was on my side this time. Tried for trout with no luck.
    A long time ago...back in the 90's, a friend and I came across about 30 to 35 barrels below cedar pines park tuck back in a gulch. The smell was like a weird glue but not sure what was in them. Im pretty sure the fires in 2003 ruptured those barrels. I dont know for sure but Im thinking what ever was in those barrels got in the lake over time. I wont eat anything in that lake. The state of california even says not to do so. Stay safe all!

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Yup, he caught us again. I intentionally put the anchor with a 100 feet of rope on the boat to avoid such things but got lazy. I even tried trolling with my down rigger last week but came up empty. This coming week we are going to try Parris for the elusive LMB.
    Drifter - Are you Tanner?
    I was in the red pontoon anchored about 200 hundred feet from the buoy line.
    no not Tanner.

Quote Originally Posted by gejeme2000 View Post
    A long time ago...back in the 90's, a friend and I came across about 30 to 35 barrels below cedar pines park tuck back in a gulch. The smell was like a weird glue but not sure what was in them. Im pretty sure the fires in 2003 ruptured those barrels. I dont know for sure but Im thinking what ever was in those barrels got in the lake over time. I wont eat anything in that lake. The state of california even says not to do so. Stay safe all!
    Did you report what you found to anyone that could help remove or identify what is was? If not you should have.

Tried spillway first thing in the morning was slow so tried different spots no luck.
    was going back in to load boat and leave the launch area was loaded with people fishing
    so figured they must’ve stocked. Was around 1:30 so hung out couple hours caught some trout
    all where 2 pounds lost more than I caught but had enough for dinner. All caught on mouse tails.

Oh nice. Didn't go out today had to work! I think they stocked on Friday

Yup they did.