Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Feb 15 20

Default Feb 15 20

The bite happened for me in the afternoon around 1pm. Near the inlet on the southwest side near the tree line. 3 bass at 3.50, 3.20 and 3.0 lbs...On a drop shot with a 6 inch "Orange crusher" roboworm..late start but over all satisfied.. no skunk!.. Fish look healthy..can't wait to see what happens in a couple weeks!

Dinger,

If you were on the Southwest side you were by the outlet tower, not the inlet. The inlet is through a pipe on the North shore next to sail cove....where the trench is located. Oh, by the way, Thank s for your report. So few people post anymore. I haven't fished the Orange Crush worm there; but maybe once or twice and didn't do any good on it. I ways go to the MM or Green Pumpkin at Perris.
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 02-16-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Nice report thank you

Quote Originally Posted by bassinpls View Post
    dinger,

if you were on the southwest side you were by the outlet tower, not the inlet. The inlet is through a pipe on the north shore next to sail cove....where the trench is located. Oh, by the way, thank s for your report. So few people post anymore. I haven't fished the orange crush worm there; but maybe once or twice and didn't do any good on it. I ways go to the mm or green pumpkin at perris.
    thanks for the inlet ..outlet info

Another angler told me he caught on a Yamamoto Fat Ika... which I had luck with last year... I tossed it with no luck this time.

I can't resist throwing a 5" green pumpkin black or red flake SENKO at Perris or a thin SENKO same color. My personal best came out of Perris on a thin SENKO, green pumpkin/ black flake wacky wormed or a 1/16 oz weight in deeper water near the tires. I was talking to a buddy on my cell phone who was fishing on the north-side of the island. 'Thought I was hung up on the bottom until the bottom started jerking back! I told my buddies that it was caught only after using my extreme fishing skills!!! LMAO.

Most likely gonna go hit up the lake again on Saturday ...Leap day the Feb 29th... Update to follow...