Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Tough day @ parris

Default Tough day @ parris

Started fishing about 6:30, fished till 2 with only tree and boulder bites... No fish. Did have the opportunity to tow a stranded boater from the marina... seen them attempting to paddle their large boat with 6 people on board. Thought that maybe we would be rewarded with catching a couple of bass, the the only "reward" I got was hitting the rocks with the bottom of my boat! Lucky that I have an aluminum boat. Took a look see after trailering the boat and discovered a couple more dents and scratches...
    Anyone out there have any idea when the LMB bite will improve?

Tough bite today!!! We walked out with a big 0. That's perris. Hopefully we have better luck at silverwood next weekend

How deep you fishing?
    It’s only going to get better,,
    You should see some improvement
    In the next few weeks,,,
    Try deep———

Cm

When will it improve...? Like CM said, give it a few more weeks. The end of February should be good.

I haven’t been posting, but been hitting the lake the last several weeks. Been having some minor success on some swimbaits, got one very deep last week off a rock with a jig. Other than that, it’s been slow for me too.

What I want to know is, when are they going to turn the faucet off? Seems like the water keeps getting lower and lower. I get it, the lake is for water storage first, fishing and boating second. But man.... All this great brush and rock cover is starting to get shallower and shallower again. Can we at least get it stable through the spawn??

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Started fishing about 6:30, fished till 2 with only tree and boulder bites... No fish. Did have the opportunity to tow a stranded boater from the marina... seen them attempting to paddle their large boat with 6 people on board. Thought that maybe we would be rewarded with catching a couple of bass, the the only "reward" I got was hitting the rocks with the bottom of my boat! Lucky that I have an aluminum boat. Took a look see after trailering the boat and discovered a couple more dents and scratches...
    Anyone out there have any idea when the LMB bite will improve?
    Went last Friday and it was tough for my boat only catching 2. I talked to other boaters, one boat got 4 and another boat got 7. So it’s hit or miss and honestly it’s all about the right spot at the right time.

Lake Temp??

Quote Originally Posted by karalm View Post
    Lake Temp??
    Right now it is between 53-54. I have been having some success dragging jigs and ned rigs around rock in 20-25' of water.

54 - 55 degrees We fished the water tower the dam, the island and finally the east end. About the only success was getting one of my Lowance fish finders dialed in.