Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Unforgettable trip: encountered coyotes and a big fish that broke 20lb line

Default Unforgettable trip: encountered coyotes and a big fish that broke 20lb line

The spring season is coming, with our local lake hodges open in Feb.
    I guess you may encounter some coyotes like us if you try to fish a very secret or secluded spot

Here is a video about our close encounter with two coyotes and lessons we've learned:
    https://youtu.be/SuBatxfcYFI

Fishing is the main theme of the video, but hope it could deliver some helpful safety info.

Stay safe for bigger fish and tight lines

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200124_hodges_cover_candidate_en.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	52453

Keep up the good work!!
    You should try to go every
    Day!!!

Cm

Monster carp! Always wanted to try to cane pole /tenkara.

Coyotes can be dangerous even though they're small. Last trip to wohlford, I could hear a dog being chased by a coyote pack and then ultimately killed on shore. Very sad.

Thanks for the encouraging words! We've bought action cameras to take more footage from this spring, stay tuned and tight lines

"Keep up the good work!!
    You should try to go every
    Day!!!

Cm"

Quote Originally Posted by Temp View Post
    Monster carp! Always wanted to try to cane pole /tenkara.

Coyotes can be dangerous even though they're small. Last trip to wohlford, I could hear a dog being chased by a coyote pack and then ultimately killed on shore. Very sad.
    That's good info. I would be very careful when bringing pet to these lakes, as we've encountered them quite often last year.