Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shore Fishing for Trout at Silverwood

Default Shore Fishing for Trout at Silverwood

I have not been to Silverwood in years but heading up this week for trout. Where are the hot spots for shore fishing? Best Bait, length of leader? Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd1950 View Post
    I have not been to Silverwood in years but heading up this week for trout. Where are the hot spots for shore fishing? Best Bait, length of leader? Thanks for the help.
    Cleghorn canyon is almost all dried up! So all the trout stockings are going into the main launch ramp area. So fishing around there would be best for trout, unless someone else knows different! Lol

Water levels have been extremely low. Best bet as said before is the marina. Hit the right shoreline of it and fish either off the points or within the coves. However, reports have wind advisories and its not worth your time to head out until the wind dies down throughout the week. Try Thursday or after that. Bait wise since the water temperature has dropped a little bit the schools are probably sort of low. Try the standard 16-18 inches of leader then work your way lower.

Yeah, keep an eye on the wind situation... When it gets windy there, fishing is almost impossible.

How often do they stock during winter? I don't need to know the exact day (as I think they keep that under wraps) but would be nice to know that there is ample trout in the vincinity….:)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    How often do they stock during winter? I don't need to know the exact day (as I think they keep that under wraps) but would be nice to know that there is ample trout in the vincinity….:)
    They do it about every 2 weeks and it's always at the main launch ramp! I've seen guys just stand on the launch ramp and throw mini jigs and do very well!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    They do it about every 2 weeks and it's always at the main launch ramp! I've seen guys just stand on the launch ramp and throw mini jigs and do very well!
    Bad advice as usual. Launch ramp fishing is not exactly smart and not suppose to be allowed (depending on ranger on staff). Kind of sucks trying to launch or retrieve a boat when people are fishing there.

The fish are spread out. Try inlet areas and take a walk into Miller canyon. Work being done on overflow/dam area causing lake drop, no estimate on when lake will be brought back up.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Bad advice as usual. Launch ramp fishing is not exactly smart and not suppose to be allowed (depending on ranger on staff).
    yea your not suppose to fish on the dock launch ramp, i heard a few people got a ticket for doing so

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Bad advice as usual. Launch ramp fishing is not exactly smart and not suppose to be allowed (depending on ranger on staff). Kind of sucks trying to launch or retrieve a boat when people are fishing there.
    I was just getting the juices rolling! Lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast