Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: $142 per pound for a perch? I made OVEN ROASTED fish to see if its taste is worth the

Default $142 per pound for a perch? I made OVEN ROASTED fish to see if its taste is worth the

I treated opaleye as one of the regular perch spices for a long time, till I read articles saying that it's 1000 RMB (roughly $142) per pound in China. Hard to believe!

I don't know why it's so expensive, but we have abundant opaleyes around jetties in SoCal. All we need is moss, shrimp, clams, bobber and patience.

To let the fish's original taste shine, so that we could make more accurate assessment, we used basic and plain ingredients to cook it. Is it really worse the money? Here is my answer:
    https://youtu.be/Bqke7MfqEnc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cover_candidate_en.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	52419

When I was young many years ago I would go to catalina island for vacation for 20 years with my grandma miss her every day a lot. We would also catch them with pea's go to the market and buy a box of frozen pea's they were cheap then.

The frozen peas still work like a charm and way cheaper than live baits. We used moss as bait for this one.