Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood

Default Silverwood

Has anyone fished for trout recently? Wondering if there's any holdovers or not

They just stocked with a double stock on Friday. The water is at the lowest that I have seen even in the severe drought years. Millers canyon where the buoys indicating "No Power boats" the buoys mark between water and dry land! The ramp for Serrano beach is out of the water completely with 4 feet of air beneath the ramp! The west boat launch is also completely out of the water, leaving only the east ramp open. There were like 10 boats all around the ramp yesterday. Everyone launched their boats parked their trucks or waiting for passengers. It resembled Parris on the 4th of July weekend. A real nightmare! I got to witness it all for over a hour while I dealt with my boat issues...

I was there throwing big swimbaits on both Thursday and Saturday. I know there was no trout plant on Thursday. I was told by staff there was no plant on Friday. I was there to see the planting truck arrive & dump fish at the main ramp about 10:30am on Saturday. Lots of trout at the marina area on Saturday morning but the bite slowed later in the day. We trolled for Stripers through Miller, Cleghorn & around the dam/inlet for a few hours but no bites; saw nothing but trout caught all day. The water is very low & the banks are deep sediment mud so bring boots if shore fishing.

They just stocked on Friday but the fish all had lock jaw.

Ya they stocked today as well and a friend of mine caught a 5 lber.