Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Day 2 after stocking....

Default Day 2 after stocking....

Anyone go day 2 after stocking instead of opening day ? Does the trout fishing drop off dramatically or is it still decent?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Anyone go day 2 after stocking instead of opening day ? Does the trout fishing drop off dramatically or is it still decent?

Thanks.
    My experience has been it drops off dramatically! I really don't care for that lake at all for trout fishing. The big winner chicken dinner for trout fishing is Lake Silverwood! They stock it every 2 weeks or so and it's been good on the week ends! (Don't fish on the Boat ramp their giving tickets to people who do!) Check out You Tube on the lake and you will see what I'm talking about!

gets fished out pretty hard from my experience. How do you find out the plant dates?

Quote Originally Posted by bentrod02 View Post
    gets fished out pretty hard from my experience. How do you find out the plant dates?
    Check out DVL website, their usually pretty good about reporting it. When it doubt just call the tackle shop, their pretty nice there!

They stock a lot of pounds of trout.
    Get there at least 3 hours before they open,
    And as fast as you can run to the little coves,
    If you do that fast enough you can catch a quick limit before the crowd pushes you out of way.

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    They stock a lot of pounds of trout.
    And as fast as you can run to the little coves,
    If you do that fast enough you can catch a quick limit before the crowd pushes you out of way.
    i literally saw someone do that one time at dvl, it was still dark in the morn this dude in his pickup truck im pretty sure he drove over the speed limit in the parking lot to park, got out of his truck grab his gear and sprinted towards the coves while still dark, that was probably the fastest i ever saw someone take there gear out of there vehicle and gone within seconds lol

Quote Originally Posted by fishing_freak View Post
    i literally saw someone do that one time at dvl, it was still dark in the morn this dude in his pickup truck im pretty sure he drove over the speed limit in the parking lot to park, got out of his truck grab his gear and sprinted towards the coves while still dark, that was probably the fastest i ever saw someone take there gear out of there vehicle and gone within seconds lol
    Ha Ha! That's funny because that happened to me once at a park. I had gone Saturday morning and had a fierce day on nice 2-4 pound catfish! (I C&R all mine) Apparently another group came in behind me and in the same spot and caught and killed them all! The next morning I was first in line thinking I'll get that same spot! As I parked in the closet parking spot to that spot a Van pulled up in the street and pulled a SWAT on me! (reference to an old TV show by that name) They flew the door open and ran to the spot in front of me! I didn't get the spot, but I got the last laugh. They had caught and killed all the fish in that spot the night before, so their wasn't anything left there! I went to an old spot I was C&R all the fish there for a week. So I still caught 10 Catfish and they caught nothing!

Another funny story some of you have probably see! A Gentlemen in an Red jacket fished Irvine Lake almost everyday they were open the first 2 months of this year. He literally sprinted for 1/2 mile to get to his spot on the East shore! He never looked back and never stopped running to he got to the spot of his choice! Lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-18-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing_freak View Post
    My friend does that every time we go. He usually has 3 fish before I catch up to him.