Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shore Fishing for Trout at Silverwood

Thanks to the both of you who replied. And etucker1959, really appreciate your sharing so generously from your experience - now and in the past. Thanks.

Etucker1959 and all,

What size hook do you use for the stripers and bait? Is 6 Mosquito far too small? I always thought of Stripers and crankbaits as going together and have far larger hooks.

Also, generally what time of the day do they stock?

Thanks!

Etucker1959 and all,

What size hook do you use for the stripers and bait? Is 6 Mosquito far too small? I always thought of Stripers and crankbaits as going together and have far larger hooks.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Etucker1959 and all,

Thanks!
    For Night crawlers and Stripers I like an number 8 bait holder hook. For Sardines and Anchovy's a number 6 is just about right. I don't usually go the day they stock, but I'm pretty sure it's in the morning. I heard this week stock is going to be on Thursday.

Thanks. I was told it is usually Friday. Called noon today and they had not stocked today. But perhaps it happened later in the afternoon? Not sure. Not sure where you heard it is Thurs but perhaps your source is more reliable than at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Driftier is 100% right on the baits. Night crawlers and cut anchovies or sardines is the way to go! (I do fish the docks a lot, so my info is from experience) The dock secrets: the ends are the best! (especially the right side) The fish are suspended near the bottom. So pay attention how far off the bottom your getting bite at! Also what I like to do is work the Night crawler through the water column. Cast to the bottom and slowly work it back! Also light line get's bit best, I use strong #2 and do really well! That's about it and your good to go!
    Hi etucker. Have you tried stripers from shore? Or is the dock the only good place for stripers (if not fishing from boat)?

thanks,
    bn

Quote Originally Posted by bass_newb View Post
    Hi etucker. Have you tried stripers from shore? Or is the dock the only good place for stripers (if not fishing from boat)?

thanks,
    bn
    For Stripers and Crappie, I'm a dock kinda guy! For trout, I'm fishing Cleghorn Canyon or Miller all the way to San Jose! Lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123