Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Shore Fishing for Trout at Silverwood

  1. #11

    Default

    Thanks everyone. Generally how many lbs do they stock and are there sizeable trout in the stocking - say between 1 and 2 lbs? Thanks again everyone!

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Thanks everyone. Generally how many lbs do they stock and are there sizeable trout in the stocking - say between 1 and 2 lbs? Thanks again everyone!
    Anybody anybody???? No I guess not! It's usually 1,000 pounds and their decent size.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Bad advice as usual. Launch ramp fishing is not exactly smart and not suppose to be allowed (depending on ranger on staff). Kind of sucks trying to launch or retrieve a boat when people are fishing there.
    Boy do I ever agree. I have had to honk at people while I am trying to back down to retrieve my boat. Just rude!

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pastorsheldon View Post
    Boy do I ever agree. I have had to honk at people while I am trying to back down to retrieve my boat. Just rude!
    What's just as Rude is 5 boats fishing 50 feet directly behind the boat ramp! Lol

  5. #15

    Default

    biggest stock trout i got there was around 2lb

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    chasing tail
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    What's just as Rude is 5 boats fishing 50 feet directly behind the boat ramp! Lol
    That doesn’t sound rude or funny at all but more like trivial jealousy and a lack of understanding the laws. It doesn’t impede launching/retrieving and IS completely legal. It gets quite frustrating and a bit dangerous when adults are more worried about catching a damn fish rather than the safety of their children. I have no problem encroaching down on an adult, but kids don’t know any better. On a typical stock weekend I can only launch with a buddy running crowd control at the ramp...again, rude and inconsiderate!

    And no, I’m not the guy catching your trouts 50 ft away from the ramp... I’m the one scaring them away with the punker lol

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    That doesn’t sound rude or funny at all but more like trivial jealousy and a lack of understanding the laws. It doesn’t impede launching/retrieving and IS completely legal. It gets quite frustrating and a bit dangerous when adults are more worried about catching a damn fish rather than the safety of their children. I have no problem encroaching down on an adult, but kids don’t know any better. On a typical stock weekend I can only launch with a buddy running crowd control at the ramp...again, rude and inconsiderate!

    And no, I’m not the guy catching your trouts 50 ft away from the ramp... I’m the one scaring them away with the punker lol
    5 boats totally blocking the whole ramp exit doesn't impede launching or taking your boat out of the water? Got it!!! Lol

  8. #18

    Default

    May I ask what you guys use for the stripers from the dock? Do you drop bait down or do you use jerkbaits more towards the surface? Or both?

    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by Ultralight; 01-22-2020 at 04:20 PM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Apple Valley,CA.
    Posts
    582

    Default

    I don't fish the dock but from a boat but I do see them cast out from the dock. Chovies sardines and crawlers always work. Plus you will have a chance at a catfish, also might want to try some liver works great some times good luck out there....

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    May I ask what you guys use for the stripes from the dock? Do you drop bait down or do you use jerkbaits more towards the surface? Or both?

    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Driftier is 100% right on the baits. Night crawlers and cut anchovies or sardines is the way to go! (I do fish the docks a lot, so my info is from experience) The dock secrets: the ends are the best! (especially the right side) The fish are suspended near the bottom. So pay attention how far off the bottom your getting bite at! Also what I like to do is work the Night crawler through the water column. Cast to the bottom and slowly work it back! Also light line get's bit best, I use strong #2 and do really well! That's about it and your good to go!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •