Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Coral Sea charter trip...excellent fishing

Default Coral Sea charter trip...excellent fishing

Chartered the Coral Sea out of SEA Landing this past Sunday to wrap up the 2019 rockfish season, really impressed with the crew and the operation as a whole. I will definitely be going back despite the extra 1/2 hour drive from the Valley, that straight shot over to Santa Rosa and the prime fishing grounds is the ticket. Capt Raffa and crew were on point and fished HARD, it was announced about an hour before wrapping it up for the day "guys we are not getting early today", we all cheered that announcement of course! we got limits of rockfish fishing the 300ft range, topped off at the end of the day with some solid whitefish action and quality goats in 125-150ft of water. The boat usually posts reports on 976, here's the fish report and some pics from our trip.

https://www.976-tuna.com/posts/207185

Happy New Year Fnners,

TD

Some nice fish there, TD! Making use of that 2019 license.

Happy New Year.

Thank you DS, I'm about to grab my 2020 license in case I get "the urge" tomorrow.

Happy 2020 to you!

TD

Love the operation up there out of SEA landing. Raffa and Sal are great captains and the crew always works hard. Love the pics of the bulging sacks! Looks like a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Thank you DS, I'm about to grab my 2020 license in case I get "the urge" tomorrow.

Happy 2020 to you!

TD
    Last year, my 2019 license was procured in February.

This year? It was procured a few days after the new year.

"New License. New Me."

Let's hope I get a lot more use of it than I did last year's license.

Quote Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
    Love the operation up there out of SEA landing. Raffa and Sal are great captains and the crew always works hard. Love the pics of the bulging sacks! Looks like a great trip.
    Totally agree Ichthus, I was very impressed and will definitely be chartering another trip up there in 2020...QUALITY fish, what a difference from taking a 3/4 out of anything South of Marina Del Rey. Thank you for the response!

TD

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Last year, my 2019 license was procured in February.

This year? It was procured a few days after the new year.

"New License. New Me."

Let's hope I get a lot more use of it than I did last year's license.
    "New License. New Me." I like that mantra....I hope 2020 brings you several new PBs!

TD