Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Another nice day at the Wood...

Default Another nice day at the Wood...

So I got up at the usual time of 05:00. Fueled up and headed to Silverwood. Traffic was really nice this morning with only a few fools driving too fast, anyways I arrived at about 07:05. Went down to launch my boat and seen a couple of guys preparing to head off and fish trout in millers canyon. Decided to offer them seats on my boat, after a little debating they finally decided to forgo the trout and give a try at the strippers. We went directly to the buoys and started fishing, the spillway was only going at a trickle but there was a pretty fast current. Juan was the first to hook up after sitting for about an hour wondering if it was going to be nice boat ride and chance to soak up some cold sunshine. Just seconds after Juan hooked up my rod started to twitch. After landing the first fish I wiped the sweat off my hands and settled in for what was looking like a long day of bait and wait, remember that yesterday started off slow for me as well, the difference between yesterday and today is that yesterday everyone was catching all around me and that I could not get bit. Today Juan , Adrian and I all were getting bit while all the other boats were not getting any. At around 10:30 a pontoon boat with like 6 children showed up and they were hooting and hollering in sheer joy as they were catching fish... That was awesome watching and more realistically hearing the excitement they were experiencing... Adrian, Juan and I ended up running out of bait, (1 bag of anchovies and 1 bag of sardines) and left the spillway at about 13:00 with a total of 29 Strippers for the 3 of us. Juan and Adrian opted to hike down miller and try to get a couple of trout to top the day off.

Default Silverwood

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    So I got up at the usual time of 05:00. Fueled up and headed to Silverwood. Traffic was really nice this morning with only a few fools driving too fast, anyways I arrived at about 07:05. Went down to launch my boat and seen a couple of guys preparing to head off and fish trout in millers canyon. Decided to offer them seats on my boat, after a little debating they finally decided to forgo the trout and give a try at the strippers. We went directly to the buoys and started fishing, the spillway was only going at a trickle but there was a pretty fast current. Juan was the first to hook up after sitting for about an hour wondering if it was going to be nice boat ride and chance to soak up some cold sunshine. Just seconds after Juan hooked up my rod started to twitch. After landing the first fish I wiped the sweat off my hands and settled in for what was looking like a long day of bait and wait, remember that yesterday started off slow for me as well, the difference between yesterday and today is that yesterday everyone was catching all around me and that I could not get bit. Today Juan , Adrian and I all were getting bit while all the other boats were not getting any. At around 10:30 a pontoon boat with like 6 children showed up and they were hooting and hollering in sheer joy as they were catching fish... That was awesome watching and more realistically hearing the excitement they were experiencing... Adrian, Juan and I ended up running out of bait, (1 bag of anchovies and 1 bag of sardines) and left the spillway at about 13:00 with a total of 29 Strippers for the 3 of us. Juan and Adrian opted to hike down miller and try to get a couple of trout to top the day off.
    Hi Durdy Daug, Nice to hear you fishing Silverwood again. I was there 3 weeks ago fishing to the right of the marina and did good on Trout and a couple of schoolie stripers on jerk bait.