Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Nice day to be on the water!

Default Nice day to be on the water!

Started my day at 06:: @ Parris Lake, spent 2 hours and gave it up. Went from there to Silverwood... The road had a good bit of show on it but I finally got in the water at about 10:30. Fishing started with a big goose egg, I had 2 other boats along side of me at the spillway. Both boats were catching skoolie strippers and even the guy fishing from the shore was hooking up! Finally I got bit and my day turned around with 8 in the boat and 2 lost at the boat.The spillway was running heavy , this was the first time I seen it running in the 20+ years that I've been fishing there. I have read the sign about the siren but never heard it before, that is before today. I was amazed at the volume of water that rushed out of the spillway! My trolling motor had a workout as I attempted to hug the buoy line. for the first time rather than casting over the buoy line I fished on the outside. I cast out straight out and within minutes my line was parallel to the buoy line. It was a truly a beautiful day, with the sound of the rushing water to the snow covered landscape all around me. Today was simply AWESOME!

Nice report