Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do UFO’s, Fishing and Drones have in common?

Was just getting my license again and going after smallmouth before I left Oregon for my six month excursion down heyah. took me a minute when I got here to realize where I was and what I should be doing. But it was too hot When I arrived anyway. Winter here is bad ***! If you don’t mind being eaten by bugs..

i was out again today foshing ahead of a fromt. I think I waited too long and was fishing right up to the rain with no luck.
    Either that or the moon has the fish in a tiff. Caught a big skunkola. Lost a lure, no storm front monsters ate my cast net captured and frozen finger mullets cut or whole. Lost lots of tackle fishing the bottom with cutbait for that giant bottom feeding resfish. No bueno. Broke the rod tip on the way home in the back of the new truck lol. Lessons.

At any rate, the new Taco 4x4 rode smoothly down to the redfish hole.
    I may try again for a monster here, a time or two, before I escape back up to the PNW.
    Once I get back I need to land that fat salmonoid looking thing I saw.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E04F9F2A-1A11-4935-B1E7-D9C83A3C09DD.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	52387

Until next visit...

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Was just getting my license again and going after smallmouth before I left Oregon for my six month excursion down heyah. took me a minute when I got here to realize where I was and what I should be doing. But it was too hot When I arrived anyway. Winter here is bad ***! If you don’t mind being eaten by bugs..

i was out again today foshing ahead of a fromt. I think I waited too long and was fishing right up to the rain with no luck.
    Either that or the moon has the fish in a tiff. Caught a big skunkola. Lost a lure, no storm front monsters ate my cast net captured and frozen finger mullets cut or whole. Lost lots of tackle fishing the bottom with cutbait for that giant bottom feeding resfish. No bueno. Broke the rod tip on the way home in the back of the new truck lol. Lessons.

At any rate, the new Taco 4x4 rode smoothly down to the redfish hole.
    I may try again for a monster here, a time or two, before I escape back up to the PNW.
    Once I get back I need to land that fat salmonoid looking thing I saw.

Name:	E04F9F2A-1A11-4935-B1E7-D9C83A3C09DD.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	52387

Until next visit...

Nice Taco'!

My 2006 has been a work horse. I haven't had to do anything but regular maintenance on it and at 300k, it runs like a champ. People ask me when I'm gonna get a new truck, and at this point, not having a car note and having a reliable car is a pretty good position to be in.

(Although my next vehicle will most likely be an Crosstrek)

Let us know your success (or lack of) there in Florida. Can't wait till you start harassing those bronzebacks and truchas in the PNW.

Agree completely!
    just got rid of my car loan and paid cash for this thing.
    if I can somehow find reasonable shelter I’ll be all set.

was just out pillaging fishes again yesterday and maybe again tomorrow or next day.
    another video on the burner now, to idolize my little micro catches forever in time.
    couple days out..

keep ya’ll updated. Sorry for the phone posts. I know they’re painful.
    getting my *** kicked with the artificial shrimps. Have I lost my touch and can only catch with bait now days?!
    we will find out soon, I’m sure.

got a new rod, some braid and some shrimpy looking hard baits. Let’s see what it do

Name:	C86059D3-5BD7-4112-A39C-ED58B95BB457.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	52396
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 01-09-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Sos,

i believe the peeps out here be swinging 20-30lb braid with everything on 20lb fluorocarbon leaders.
    I guess it’s because of the toothy abrasive fishes and crappy sharp bottom textures. Mussels and such.
    even lighter smaller plastics these guys will throw on 20lb setups. Then they don’t get to fight their fish and basically kinda work them right in. I don’t see much fun in that.. however..

Yesterday I busted off two good fish I could feel pulling really hard and solid head shakes. loosen the drag a bit and they still bust right through the line and the hook is gone. Either snook or big redfish or something. Whatever they are, they are good size fish.

to land these good size fish, I’m going to have to follow suit and go with 20lb braid and 20lb fluorocarbon leaders even on my light baits like paddle tails and popping cork rigged plastic shrimps.
    the fish are biting through my 4lb and 6lb rigs and giving me the fin. I may have lost my monster redfish already and possibly my slot snook.. but I’ll never know.

the new rod and power pro should give me a better shot... if the fish will give me a third chance at landing that toad I can feel busting me off on the other end.

I suppose I should go finish this video so I can get to my next outing.
    enough yapping.

You should see the PNW.. the crosstrek and STI are king of cars up there. They’re everywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12