Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Nesika Hit & Miss Strike! Next Time!

Default Nesika Hit & Miss Strike! Next Time!

Nice Strike In Stormy Conditions! Even A Lightning Strike!

It was actually storming for awhile. Winds & the rain actually was moving horizontal at times. I had to put my back-up action camera in a plastic bag & rubber banded it closed. I was using the 12ft Nesika Surf Casting Rod by Okuma w/a Blue Azores 6K Spinning Reel. I was blinded for awhile because i think lightning struck the water.

I was targeting O'io "Bonefish" with a double tandem rig using cut large Ika "Squid". After i threw out the 1st rig it took a good strong strike while i was working on the 2nd rig. I think the electrical surge in the air disrupted my action cam, it was separating my videos and duplicating others after that strike. My UW Spydro Camera won't recharge correctly & the images are slightly hazy. It's basically dead to me now. My land action back-up cam is charging-up but will have to try recording after i wake up, not feeling "normal".

Not sure what the fish was but it covered a large area in a short time. I couldn't even slow it down. It immediately started for deeper water before spitting the hook. It was extremely fast & powerful. Well, there's always a next time.

(I think i'm having some issues from that lightning strike. Both of my cams are having problems).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgcg0IzqZRw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-Pic.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	52352