Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Late November Malibu report w/ visit from Fish and Game

Default Late November Malibu report w/ visit from Fish and Game

Went out late November to try out some new fishing spots in Malibu.

Cold morning but warmed up towards the day. Used luckycraft, sandworms and sandcrabs - all successful for some perch.

Received an unexpected visit from 2 Fish and Game Wardens... they seemed pretty cool. I'm glad that I bought my fishing license with me as I have a tendency to forget it when I go surf fishing (since the beaches are normally empty). Not sure if someone called them on me or they just spotted me with binoculars. Either case - all fish were released.

Here is a video: https://youtu.be/n8zUmB4FSw4

Thanks for watching.

Cool video and nice perch! What kind of baitcasting rig are you using? Guessing DFW were in the area, I doubt they would respond to a resident calling on you within in an hour...then again you never know!

Thanks for sharing the 411.

TD

Thanks for the positive feedback - much appreciated.

I use an older Revo S Abu Garcia baitcaster (30# braid) with Shimano Clarus 8'6" medium heavy / fast rod. I like the rod a lot.

its possible someone could of called in, residents there dont like it when people fish near house but nice catches
    Last edited by fishing_freak; 12-13-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks for sharing.
    I almost forgot what a perch looks like, they seem to be nonexistent down South.

Robert
    <><