Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trout Stocking

Default Trout Stocking

According to OC PARKS Facebook page 4,000 lbs of Nebraska tailwalkers were stocked today.
    https://www.facebook.com/51725003017...=e&d=n&sfns=mo
    Last edited by goodguy; 12-04-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    According to OC PARKS Facebook page 4,000 lbs of Nebraska tailwalkers were stocked today.
    https://www.facebook.com/51725003017...=e&d=n&sfns=mo
    Let's hope people don't think their biting in the Catfish spots! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Let's hope people don't think their biting in the Catfish spots! Lol
    With the amount of available shore fishing, and no boat access... I can't imagine trout fishing will be any good. These trout are going to spread everywhere. How many will actually be caught???

With the amount of available shore fishing, and no boat access... I can't imagine trout fishing will be any good. These trout are going to spread everywhere. How many will actually be caught???
    Is there any way to get to the cove that is the closest to the dam?

Quote Originally Posted by lvfishingdude View Post
    Is there any way to get to the cove that is the closest to the dam?
    No, they only allow shore fishing from the west shore over to the back of the flats. The far side of the lake is off limits.

I'm going to hit it this weekend so I'll make a report. With that being said, "I've been up and down those shorelines so many times this season" their is only so many places they can stock them. So with the volume they stocked (4,000 pounds) which is what the old operator stocked and the lake is really down. Plus they use to catch them on the West shore when they stocked the same amount. I wouldn't be surprised if they bit a little! Lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-05-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I'm going to hit it this weekend so I'll make a report. With that being said, "I've been up and down those shorelines so many times this season" their is only so many places they can stock them. So with the volume they stocked (4,000 pounds) which is what the old operator stocked and the lake is really down. Plus they use to catch them on the West shore when they stocked the same amount. I wouldn't be surprised if they bit a little! Lol
    Don't get me wrong, there's no doubt fish will be caught especially on the west shore. I just wonder the % of fish caught vs stocked considering we only have half the lake to fish. From the video on FB looks like they stocked on the small launch ramp out at the end of "trout island" area.

So they said that 2 tons of trout will be planted. I'm sure that is an estimate. Probably weighed the water they are in too.

Default Trout bite

The trout bite was on fire on Friday

Default Trout bite

The trout bite was on fire on Friday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast