Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: World Record Largemouth Bass..

Default World Record Largemouth Bass..

..Was not caught here. Sorry 'bout that, I'm just trying to get people's attention to the Lake Perris Reports. Has anyone fished here lately? Looks like the last report was in early October. I wanted to find out the lake's water temp and if the water level has dropped any more since October.

Water seems to be about same level. Water temp is 58-60 when I was there on Saturday. I go fished for about 3 hours and got 6 bass, largest was 4.5lb. 2 smaller vversions came on the drop shot and the larger ones were on a jig in about 20' around rock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1562.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	52340  

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    ..Was not caught here. Sorry 'bout that, I'm just trying to get people's attention to the Lake Perris Reports. Has anyone fished here lately? Looks like the last report was in early October. I wanted to find out the lake's water temp and if the water level has dropped any more since October.
    I was there about a week in a half ago. They were adding water, so it has been going up. The water temp was 64-65, so I'd imagine it may be a little lower now. The bite was tough, we caught 7 pretty much all in the bushes.

nice job, Fishmounter ...... pretty sad that no one seems to post these days ..... anyway, thanks for shaking the trees .... I hope to get out soon before it gets any colder -- I hate the cold ..... was out a couple of weeks ago, but got blown off by gale-force winds before the rains came ..... one decent fish shallow and a dink deep (20') before I had to evacuate .... lake is definitely down since it's peak this summer ..... looks like at least 15' ..... was told that the MWP was drawing the water for its needs ..... recent rains should help curb that situation ..... thanks, again ....

well, Fishmounter, I did make it out yesterday ..... it was slow, though I did meter some fish .... most suspended ..... got 3 split-shotting .... one shallow and 2 at 25' ..... 1 1/2 to 2# and chunky ....... water 57º to 59º .... heard a good deal of hollering from a guy on the south shore, and it sounded like he may have caught a good one .... like I said, could see the fish, but had trouble getting them to go ..... also, all the bites were really soft .... in fact, didn't feel them -- just sensed something different and set the hook .... pretty typical of cold water bite, I guess .... water level about the same as in November ..... about 15 feet or so down from peak
    Last edited by halopower; 12-11-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Nice informative report and you did get bit. Thanks for the read and keep fishing and posting. I myself have never done very good on bass in December. In 1998 January myself and my buddy caught 35 pounds of nice bass in 1 Hour. This was the day that I caught and released my 14.13 pound Bass the largest bass of my life, WOW. She fought like a tank but was released with no real harm. If she still alive maybe shes over 20 Pounds now hope so.
    Any way thanks for your post.
    Tight Lines
    JIG-GUY / Bill

I haven't taken the kayak out lately, but have done some quick shore fishing here and there. Decembers been a bust the last couple of times I've tried. There really isn't a whole lot of easily accessible areas that aren't snag city.

I did manage to catch a few decent ones in November.

6.31 lbs off the left side of the PWC launch ram. She was the 2nd fish caught around 15 minutes or so after I started fishing. I believe it was the 1st day of a cloudy cold front that passed. I fished for 45 minutes and wound up catching 5 bass. 3 off the left edge and 2 off the right edge of the PWC ramp. Picture somewhat sucks, but had to be quick as she was a bleeder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.3 lbr!.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	52355

I also caught my 1st double while showing a buddy how to cast a baitcaster setup. 2nd cast dead center out of the PWC launch ramp before going out in the kayak. Only got one on the kayak, but caught 2 more back at the ramp while waiting for him to trying to beat the skunk. He had no luck in the end. I told him it's because he wants to eat them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Double catch!.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	52356

The lakes kind of in limbo for me as my favorite spots are either high and dry or too deep currently.