Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fishing At Night? How I Repel Darn Mosquitos!

Default Fishing At Night? How I Repel Darn Mosquitos!

The Best Mosquito Defense I've Found:)

Tropical climates are the worst for mosquitos. Especially at night & when the wind drops. During the day they're resting in trees to shrubs. At night they start looking for food (blood) in droves, like vampires. Lighted coils really don't do much unless you light over a dozen of them. Skin lotions for exposed areas do work but it's hard to keep that off the baits. That "scent" can make your bait undesirable. Also it's hard to properly grip your gear because of slippery hands.

Before i'd bring long workout pants, a long sleeve shirt & full socks to fish at night. If not i'm just feeding the mosquitos. Summer nights are miserable & hot, especially dressed like this. I don't mind the roaches, centipedes & mice. It's the mosquitos that drive me crazy! But at a local Don Quixote store i found a brand of mosquito netting by Stansport for campers. This is a proven winner!

So i'd thought i share my find. I don't sleep on a cot at night, i sit in my comfy beach chair. It's faster to run for my rig when i hear the bell going off. Stansport & other camping companies do manufacture mosquito netting for cots & hammocks. Also Costco now sells those "open door" styled tents. Some may laugh at this video but when i go at night i see others suffering all night feeding mosquitos because they haven't learned. That small pouch will save your night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMbmxdziaps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-Pic.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	52339