Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner Lake Skunking

Default Skinner Lake Skunking

Went last Friday (1/21). Fished for striper, LMB, even trout... no bites! Haven't been to this lake in over 20 years, still looks the same. Nice weather and friendly staff made up for poor fishing. Might try again once the water heats up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0958.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	53579

I fish Skinner multiple times per week and it is tough out there lately. I got skunked on the 26th myself. That's a pretty rare thing for me. This last month has shown no real pattern for stripers, just 1 here and 1 there. Better times are always ahead!

So close and yet so far.

Hapy New Year Bro!

Robert
    <><

The good thing about a skunk is that fishing can only get better. You'll get em next time.

Any tips on where to fish on planting days? Gonna try going there tomorrow, theyre supposed to stock that morning. My only real plans was to just set up a carolina rig near the boat ramp haha

Hopefully this warm weather will kick it in gear. Look forward to head out there soon

I fished Skinner on Wednesday. It was another nice day for a boat ride. 4th time in a row I got skunked Striper fishing. The water level was down about 8 feet. I heard it's scheduled to go down another 7 feet. This will bring the underwater fence poles near the inlet back into play.
    Does anyone know how long they're going to keep the water level low? My concern is the upcoming spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    The water level was down about 8 feet. I heard it's scheduled to go down another 7 feet. This will bring the underwater fence poles near the inlet back into play.
    Does anyone know how long they're going to keep the water level low? My concern is the upcoming spawn.
    Went out about a 3 weeks ago on an 'exploratory' trip, and it was

Went back a week later, and it was slim pickings, but still managed 3 solid fish.

Time of year when you have to call audibles all the time considering the changes in everything, which apparently now includes water level.