Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner ups and downs

Default Skinner ups and downs

Western Outdoor News reported a trout plant last week. Nope, didn't happen. They had a nice article on the boils. Well, that's a right-time right-place thing now. I was there Thursday along with a bunch or other boil chasers. No boil. Today 11-12-19 I was first in line. No boil. I did manage a few trolling, but even that died early. I suspect the all-night full moon had something to do with that. All we can do is just keep showing up and hope we're there on the right day at the right time. Tight lines!

Thanks for the report, Skinner is a cruel mistress. I have been fishing mostly tuna this year and the moon definitely can shut down a bite. looks like last week was pretty good. WON reports seem to tell you where the fish were, hopefully the weather holds steady as the moon fades, next week should be good just before the low-pressure system hits.