Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Pleasant Valley Reservoir - Species of Trout?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pleasant Valley Reservoir - Species of Trout?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19346.jpg 
Views:	629 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	52317Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19357.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	52318

Hi all! Did a quick trip with my son and wife this past weekend. My son landed the most beautiful trout I've ever seen. It measured a little over 20 inches and estimate the weight to be 3.5+lbs. He caught it in the moving waters closer to the power plant. Fish never left the water and was released promptly after landing it In retrospect, I wish we would have pulled the fish out of the water to have taken a quick picture with my son However, we didn't want to risk any harm to this beautiful male trout. I've been trout fishing for over 50 years and have never caught a fish with markings like this one. The colors were absolutely brilliant. Bright gold/orange belly with crazy markings. The markings near the head resemble a brown trout. Yet, the markings (stripes rather than dots) near the rear resemble a tiger trout. FYI, I've caught tiger trout in Utah in the past. I'm not aware of any tiger trout being planted in PVR. However, on rare occasions, a brown and brook trout will mate and produce the tiger trout. Any thoughts on the species of this beauty??? Thanks!
    Last edited by DKS; 11-11-2019 at 06:40 PM.