Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bummer

Default Bummer

Fished Silverwood with a friend 11/8 for nothing. Could not believe all the fish we saw on the meter but could not get them to bite. Oh well it was a nice day on the lake.

Thanks for the update was going to go today but glad went golfing instead. Might go out next saturday and give it a go Thanks again for the update. Was the water running at the spillway.
    Last edited by drifter023; 11-10-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Going Saturday to give it a go was the spillway running?

Hello anybody out there is the spillway running Hello?

Sorry for the late reply but it was that day.

I was there this past Saturday, and yes it was flowing... but not very much volume. The water was churning from 1/2 way from the spillway to the buoys. This made for a fast moving current. The south wind pushed my boat into the buoys for most of the morning. My cousin and I fished cut bait as that was the only action in town. The large mouth have gone into lock jaw both at Silverwood as well as Parris. I spent several months this year fishing every Sunday @ Skinner, but the bite was slow and I got tired of the $27 a visit and having my boat under quarantine for the 8 day period after getting off the lake. I decided to simply but the 1 year pass for my truck and boat for $225, and therefore get to fish every Sunday without having to fork out the $20 that each of those lakes charge. Looking forward to the spring and some finesse fishing for the LMB, and on those occasions that I want to bring home fish for my wife I can just go to Silverwood and play the bait and wait game for the strippers...

Thanks for the update is the lake still real low. Last time out was the lowest I have seen it in a long time saw a lot of fish on the meter but no takers. Thanks again for the update.