Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Steamed fish recipe for fresh scorpion fish, poisonous and delicious like pufferfish

Default Steamed fish recipe for fresh scorpion fish, poisonous and delicious like pufferfish

Today I’m going to share 3 techniques with you.
    1, The recipe, works for most fish with white meat
    2. How to steam the fish without a steamer
    3. How to prepare your own sauce in simple steps

If the video below doesn't show properly, here is the direct youtube link: https://youtu.be/jq2a0IS857g

We use a scorpion fish today, it's also called sculpin. Spines on its fins are very poisonous. When keeping the fish, make sure to cut the spines first and the video shows how to do that.

Here are the simple ingredients for this recipe:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	201911_qing_zheng_shi_jiu_gong_recipe.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	52314

To make a simple sauce for steamed fish, we simply mix 2 tbsp soy sauce, diced onion (10g), green onion (5g) and cilantro (5g) and let them sit there for 30 minutes. It’s a good alternative if you cannot find off-the-shelf sauce I mentioned in the previous video on the forum.

It's a little scary to cook poisonous fish, you can't be wrong. Thank you for the video, interest, and taste I have stronger, so be sure to try your recipe.

The homemade sauce tastes better than off-the-shelf ones as it's made fresh. You could also add other flavors you like such as garlic.