Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holdover Trout fishery basically dead at DVL?

...oh and watch your back out there. I remember at DVL back in the day you stood at the point by the marina and casted towards the dock. Used to be a sheriff who parked at the top of the hill and frowned upon that sort of thing and wasn't afraid to write tickets. If he wasn't there you did it and took your chances. Closer to the dock the better, but watch your 3, 6, and 9. You might have three guys surrounding you doing the same thing if you catch anything at all. They just move closer and closer as they measure whether or not youll give in or resist. Give in and you might as well plan on being hip to hip, shoulder to shoulder. Resist and plan on being...hip to hip, shoulder to shoulder.....cant win!!!!

The things I saw while working at the lakes back in the 90's........... its a good thing we did not have camera phones back then.

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    The things I saw while working at the lakes back in the 90's........... its a good thing we did not have camera phones back then.
    Muskyman Dave = vine legend

Vine is coming back soon I hope- shore fishing is a good start- I remember for a bit guys were catching decent browns out of DVL- any of you guys get on quality browns at Silverwood back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    I don't fish any of the "land shark "bucket brigade" infested pay lakes much.
    Lies.

You were the Secretary General of the BBC back in the day.

You got demoted to Private after you rigged the DFG stocker trucks with secret GPS chips so we would know where they were at any moment, which got all of us implicated after you sought immunity in court to testify against us.

I hear Skyler is still in Supermax serving 5 to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by IE fisherman View Post
    I remember reading a few years back and seeing pics of beautiful holdovers caught at DVL. Aside from the stockings is trout fishing a worthy endeavor? I rarely read anything about it on this site for sure. Then again, there's not many of any kind on FN like there used to be.
    Miss those days, especially SMACKDOWN.

The smackdowns were cool. I miss Fat Albert

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Lies.

You were the Secretary General of the BBC back in the day.

You got demoted to Private after you rigged the DFG stocker trucks with secret GPS chips so we would know where they were at any moment, which got all of us implicated after you sought immunity in court to testify against us.

I hear Skyler is still in Supermax serving 5 to 10.
    BBC for life! Does the mere mention of the BBC still warrant a banning?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12