Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SA Stocking Today - Willl the fish survive?

Default SA Stocking Today - Willl the fish survive?

Santa Ana River Lakes has advertised their first stock this week. Does anyone know the water temp right now and will the fish survive? The weather has been relatively hot recently.

That's a very good question you ask about the water temperature. SARL is notorious for stocking trout in too warm of water temperature and then they all go belly up! Who is old enough to remember their opening day, when you had to have Crave bait in your possession to get into the place? 2/3 of their annual stocking of Trophy trout died before the gates even opened! Talk about an disaster of epic per portion! So your right to be weary! Lol

Default Santa Ana lake

Quote Originally Posted by Rot8 View Post
    Santa Ana River Lakes has advertised their first stock this week. Does anyone know the water temp right now and will the fish survive? The weather has been relatively hot recently.
    I don't believed in Santa Ana lakes anymore. Lol

As I drove by the lake today coming home from Irvine lake it was damn Hot outside. (I didn't see much of a crowd there in the afternoon) Last week with the cooler nights at Irvine lake the catfishing definitely slowed down there. However, this week being much warmer the catfishing was on Fire today at Irvine Lake! (I got 6 catfish myself today) So that probably meant the trout fishing today at SARL was pretty tough! (that would be my guess)

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    As I drove by the lake today coming home from Irvine lake it was damn Hot outside. (I didn't see much of a crowd there in the afternoon) Last week with the cooler nights at Irvine lake the catfishing definitely slowed down there. However, this week being much warmer the catfishing was on Fire today at Irvine Lake! (I got 6 catfish myself today) So that probably meant the trout fishing today at SARL was pretty tough! (that would be my guess)
    Totally agree! I am sure your assessment is spot on.