Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat 10/26

Default Sat 10/26

Don't see any reports here anymore so here's a fresh one
    All the small bass you want under 15". Actually got into a massive school of 6" stripers attacking everything in the quarry. Did manage 3 barely legal one 2#. Senko and swimbait. Got a ton of dinks on hard jerkbaits as well.
    Lost one of the giants we saw swimming on the main lake points. Got him to go on 4# ultralight rig and thought I had it clear and into the open water and it happened, he clipped a branch on a tree and that was all she wrote. Real bummer but a fun one minute battle. Estimated at around 8-10#
    I've caught many that size on the same set up. It's a challenge but can be done

Thanks for the report.

Nice to see an report on the place!

I found a similar school Saturday, they were actual kind of fun, caught them on a spoon. Kept hoping there would be a bigger one underneath all the small one

Brent,

Thank you for your post. I was wondering if anyone ever posted on here anymore. I check it every morning in the hopes of see one.

I too love to fish the 4# line when the water is clear making it a real challenge. I fished DVL one weekend using 4# line on my DS rod. The following weekend I fished a club tournament at Perris and totally forgot I had 4# line still on my DS rod. I broke off the biggest LMB I had ever hooked at Perris and was totally bummed. I had him right at the boat and he turned and went straight down. The guy I was fishing with said "don't let him get on the bottom 'cause there's brush down there". I tightened my drag just a smidge and he was gone! It really hurt, because I had seen how big he was. 'Shouldn't have touch the drag at all ... I was in 30+ feet of water at the bouye line and the only thing down there is grass!
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 10-30-2019 at 08:33 AM.

you guys ever back reel with the small spinners? I know the smallie guys do it, I've messed around a little- I'm used to letting the drag do its work, but that back reeling is another thing

Yah, Jarrett Edwards was a fan of that technique. 4# line for Largemouth.

Y'all should be killing a limit of those small stripers each time you head out to the lake if you want to help maintain the fishery. There are 10's of thousands of them everywhere in the lake that are predating upon the forage at the expense of their own species and the all of the others. Do you want DVL to turn into Silverwood or Castaic?...keep throwing them back.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Yah, Jarrett Edwards was a fan of that technique. 4# line for Largemouth.
    Not sure if he still has his show, used to dig that one-

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    Y'all should be killing a limit of those small stripers each time you head out to the lake if you want to help maintain the fishery. There are 10's of thousands of them everywhere in the lake that are predating upon the forage at the expense of their own species and the all of the others. Do you want DVL to turn into Silverwood or Castaic?...keep throwing them back.
    Took you advice and took my 8 year old out Saturday we probably caught over 60 of those little ones. Brought home 19 8" ones plus one that was just under 7 pounds. They made good fish tacos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast