Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Water Perris??

So what if the rocks weren't visible from a distance? I've fished Perris plenty of times. Do you just run around the lake and slow down if you see a red buoy? They aren't even red. I think you are blaming others for not keeping your eyes open on the water and knowing what's under or around your boat, and that's assuming you don't have electronics. Regardless of conditions, it's your fault. Blaming it on somebody else is weak. Sorry you had a rough day on the water, but come on now. Lucky for you the officer didn't tell you to jump off a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post
    There is rarely if ever a police presence there. The lake lice run the show. I don't feel the least bit bad about holding them accountable. I hadn't planned on it, the police officer told me to.
    I hear you- there's not enough cops to keep you safe from the summer clowns, but one of them popped up and told you to hold somebody else responsible for your actions. Where is that face slap emojy thing when I need it? Sorry to everybody for ranting, but if my state park pass goes up one dollar next year I'm holding this cupcake responsible
    Last edited by bassnet; 10-08-2019 at 09:20 PM. Reason: cupcakes make me angry

Quote Originally Posted by bassnet View Post
    I hear you- there's not enough cops to keep you safe from the summer clowns, but one of them popped up and told you to hold somebody else responsible for your actions. Where is that face slap emojy thing when I need it? Sorry to everybody for ranting, but if my state park pass goes up one dollar next year I'm holding this cupcake responsible
    I really don't care much what you think, and yes the buoys for submerged hazards are solid red. I was going no more than 5 mph , so the bow was up. I didn't ask the officer to file a claim. He told me to. I called him to make the lake aware of the hazard, so this didn't happen to anyone else.

I really don't care much what you think, and yes the buoys for submerged hazards are solid red. I was going no more than 5 mph , so the bow was up. I didn't ask the officer to file a claim. He told me to. I called him to make the lake aware of the hazard, so this didn't happen to anyone else.
    Hey man, my bad for being so harsh on you- I apologize, sucks your motor got torched. I don't agree with going after others for the damage, but I can see your point. I hope it works out okay for you and you're back on the water soon. It's not my business and I shouldn't have commented. Sorry for being a dick

No problem. Apology accepted. Like I said I had no plans on filing a claim (I still haven't). The officer encouraged it. I know there are rocks in the east end, but I underestimated the drop in water depth. If you haven't been out in a while it's incredible. A lot of the rocks, bushes, trees, tubes are out of the water. I have insurance, so I'll only be out my deductible of $1,000, but that still sucks.

We've been out on the lake several times recently slow trolling the underwater tree lines in the NE end for big Bluegill, and have seen people just speed by on jet skis and ski boats the barely exposed submerged tree tops and rocks. Someone is going to get killed! You really cannot see the tree tops until you are almost on them. They need to be marked with buoys.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    We've been out on the lake several times recently slow trolling the underwater tree lines in the NE end for big Bluegill, and have seen people just speed by on jet skis and ski boats the barely exposed submerged tree tops and rocks. Someone is going to get killed! You really cannot see the tree tops until you are almost on them. They need to be marked with buoys.
    I agree 100%. I saw the same thing. I was going 5 mph or less. Anything faster and it could've been bad. It's only a matter of time.

To say the water is low is an understatement. The rock piles in the east end of the lake that were 15-20 under water are now 6" below the surface. Didn't seen them and took out my prop and skeg, and more than likely my lower unit. Fishing sucked too! Filing a claim with the state. There should be a red warning buoy there.

Attachment 52281Attachment 52282Attachment 52283 Attachment 52284
    MillsapBoyz,
    Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I did the very same thing; but just not as bad. I was going 2-3 mph according to my GPS and then suddenly I hear scrapping on the bottom of my boat. I raised the motor real quick and slowly worked off of the pile of rocks, (with a big scratch on the bottom). At the time I wondered way SRA Perris doesn't have to mark the rock piles like DVL. I have been asked to move off of a Point while the maintenance boat at DVL placed a marker buoy. I guess you can't sue the government; but what if they demonstrate their total negligence?

To say the water is low is an understatement. The rock piles in the east end of the lake that were 15-20 under water are now 6" below the surface. Didn't seen them and took out my prop and skeg, and more than likely my lower unit. Fishing sucked too! Filing a claim with the state. There should be a red warning buoy there.

Attachment 52281Attachment 52282Attachment 52283 Attachment 52284
    MillsapBoyz,

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I did the very same thing; but just not as bad. I was going 2-3 mph according to my GPS and then suddenly I hear scraping noise on the bottom of my boat. I raised the motor real quick and slowly worked off of the pile of rocks, (with a big scratch on the bottom). At the time I wondered way SRA Perris doesn't have to mark the rock piles like DVL. I have been asked to move off of a Point, while the maintenance boat at DVL, placed a marker buoy on some shallow rocks. I guess you can't sue the government; but what if they demonstrate their total negligence?

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    MillsapBoyz,
    Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I did the very same thing; but just not as bad. I was going 2-3 mph according to my GPS and then suddenly I hear scrapping on the bottom of my boat. I raised the motor real quick and slowly worked off of the pile of rocks, (with a big scratch on the bottom). At the time I wondered way SRA Perris doesn't have to mark the rock piles like DVL. I have been asked to move off of a Point while the maintenance boat at DVL placed a marker buoy. I guess you can't sue the government; but what if they demonstrate their total negligence?
    You can make a claim, but there's a good chance they'll reject it. You would then have to sue. My estimate came in today. $4452. I'm sure insurance will pay, but I'm going after my $1,000 deductible.
    Last edited by MillsapBoyz; 10-14-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12