Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Water Perris??

Default Low Water Perris??

Hit Perris on Saturday and wow the water was way down?? What's up with the water levels? I thought they were done working on the lake and were filling it?

Anyone know? Bite was tough.

Thanks,

Everyone is drinking it. Right now it has some of the best water quality around. It reached full in June and has been on a steady drop since with the past month being the biggest drop. It's still 29 feet above what it was 3 years ago.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=651

Park Alerts and News

Boating Caution / Launch Ramps docks Inoperable
    Due to summer demand and recent maintenance projects throughout the State pipeline, Lake Perris has been heavily used for water distribution / consumption. The water is expected to drop another 2 feet within the next week and the launch ramp courtesy docks will not be afloat. If you are going to launch a vessel please know you will not have a courtesy dock. We are working to move the docks but a crane is required and it may take some time.
    As a reminder the park will be closed Thursday October 10th- Monday October 14th for a concert. Bernasconi will still be open during that time (See below)
    Notice of Park Closures / Special Event Thursday October 10th- Monday October 14th

Desert Daze is a special event concert, art, and yoga festival that will be held Thursday, October 10th to Monday October 14th. The entire park except for Bernasconi Beach entrance will be closed. This includes camping, vessel launch, marina, bike path, day use, swim beaches, dam access, horse trails, and museum. No access will be given through the Lake Perris Drive and Moreno Beach entrances except for those with festival credentials. Bernasconi Beach will be open to the public during the hours of 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM where visitors can picnic and fish. Alternative reservoirs in the area include Silverwood Lake, Diamond Valley, Skinner, and Lake Elsinore. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience. For more information about desert daze please visit: Desert Daze 2019

Did you catch anything?

Quote Originally Posted by OHDB View Post
    Hit Perris on Saturday and wow the water was way down?? What's up with the water levels? I thought they were done working on the lake and were filling it?

Anyone know? Bite was tough.

Thanks,
    To say the water is low is an understatement. The rock piles in the east end of the lake that were 15-20 under water are now 6" below the surface. Didn't seen them and took out my prop and skeg, and more than likely my lower unit. Fishing sucked too! Filing a claim with the state. There should be a red warning buoy there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda1.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	52281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honda 2.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	52282Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honda3.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	52283 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honda4.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	52284
    Last edited by MillsapBoyz; 10-07-2019 at 09:27 PM. Reason: added pic

Awwww man....sorry to read and see this. Hope you make it out even.

I would go and see if the lake had the "Boat at your own risk" sign due to lower water volume before you lawyer up and read up on CA boating regs on the website. Could save you some retainer fees. Lastly, the sign up above on "Flyings" post does indicate a "Boater Caution" so litigating may be a elongated pain.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post
    To say the water is low is an understatement. The rock piles in the east end of the lake that were 15-20 under water are now 6" below the surface. Didn't seen them and took out my prop and skeg, and more than likely my lower unit. Fishing sucked too! Filing a claim with the state. There should be a red warning buoy there.

Last edited by CL SmooV; 10-08-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post

My sarcasm radar is jacked, you're kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by bassnet View Post
    My sarcasm radar is jacked, you're kidding right?
    I wish I was kidding. Honestly I should have known better. The amount of water that dropped in 2 weeks is incredible.. Probably down close to 10 vertical feet.

Yeah, I saw pics today- but that's fishing- why would you file a claim with the state? You were driving the boat, right?

You think? Were you kidding about filing a claim with the state? I sure hope so- Does Irvine Lake ring a bell?

Yes I was but the rocks weren't visible from a distance. They put a red marker buoys if there is a submerged hazard close enough to hit the boat. I will almost guarantee there is one there now. Irvine Lake is not owned by the state. If you fish Lake Perris enough, you know they don't give a damn about us boaters. There is rarely if ever a police presence there. The lake lice run the show. I don't feel the least bit bad about holding them accountable. I hadn't planned on it, the police officer told me to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast