Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How I Rigged My NEW Nesika 9' Spinning Rod!

Default How I Rigged My NEW Nesika 9' Spinning Rod!

1st Look At The New Okuma Nesika 9' Spinning Rod!

Originally intended for release in 2020 Okuma's Nesika Surf Rod line will compliment the Rockaway Surf Rod Line. They both incorporate the same blank & have UFR technology for increased rod strength. There are3 lengths of 9', 10' & 12'. Each length has 2 strengths of Medium & Med/Hvy. So 6 models all together.

The original Rockaway series was made for the Sea Perch Surf Casters of Oregon. The Hawaiian market loved these rods for whipping "spin casting". The Nesika incorporates a depressed guide w/Zirconium inserts over the Rockaways K-Guides. Also the Rocks have a tapered shrink tube grip over the Nesika's Eva Split Grip handle. I've used both before the released dates & found nothing wrong with neither units.

Whipping/Spin Casting anglers have different concerns over bait dunkers. Using the right line & casting the proper weights are crucial. Type of line & diameters/strengths are personal preference. This is my first in depth review of the 9ft Nesika-
    Model# Nesika 9ft NSK-S-902MH
    Foregrip Length: 5-1/2in
    Line Weight: 12-20lbs
    Lure Weight" 3/4-2oz
    Number of Guides: 5 + Tip
    Reargrip Length: 19in
    Rod Length: 9ft 0in
    Rod Power: MH
    Rod Taper: MF
    Sections: 2pcs
    Weight: 7.4oz

Sorry i wasn't lucky enough to land a fish today. Got a late start & the winds were up. Just wanted to fine tune my set-up. For the 9ft Nesika a 3K or 4K spinner using 12lb or 15lb braid will do. I used 20lb fluorocarbon leader but 15lb will suffice. A 6ft leader was much easier to manage vs a 8ft. A casting weight of 1oz felt perfect. Thanks:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5avYq4AmBA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	52278